Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus security question

There was one on here IIRC last year, ended up in a container along with a Bentley. 

At least one other that I know of this year in the UK as well.

As above one was recovered from a container bound for Dubai. 
From what little I know the cars are stolen to order then shipped overseas either whole or chopped into big chunks eg the front end with engine and suspension still attached so unless the evening’s shopping list includes an LC along with the usual half a dozen RXs I think the LC could be classed as low risk comparatively speaking.

That doesn’t stop me worrying that my bumper will get ripped off the car though, or the car vandalised when they realise an immobiliser is fitted…

• Like 1

It does seem as if these are relatively rare cars to be stolen, but until Lexus send out a message that they and all others in the brand are now proofed against canbus theft, then I fear they are still potential targets. Just as Andy says, it's one thing to have a tracker fitted, but the lo life may well still rip off the bumper and cause significant and expensive damage. Far better that Lexus cars are seen/known to be a waste of time for burglar Bill when and if the mythical security fix(s) actually happen.

Mine had a attempted theft, the Ghost stopped them from taking it, caused £4k of damage

image.thumb.jpeg.1b60e1b59c032648b6fa4195dfa7b3e9.jpeg

Some added protection, will hopefully deter a attempted theft again

IMG_2692 2.jpeg

• Sad 6

On 5/21/2024 at 11:39 AM, wendle said:

Mine had a attempted theft, the Ghost stopped them from taking it, caused £4k of damage

image.thumb.jpeg.1b60e1b59c032648b6fa4195dfa7b3e9.jpeg

Some added protection, will hopefully deter a attempted theft again

IMG_2692 2.jpeg

Crap. This is exactly why Lexus need to pull their fingers out of their arses and get something useful announced.
May I ask exactly what happened - did they get inside the car or into the engine bay? Any wiring damage anywhere other than the headlamp loom? What exactly was damaged? Do you have any warning signs or stickers advertising that the car has a Ghost? Steering wheel lock? Hope it’s not put you off the LC - don’t let the bastards win!

7 hours ago, eightk said:

Crap. This is exactly why Lexus need to pull their fingers out of their arses and get something useful announced.
May I ask exactly what happened - did they get inside the car or into the engine bay? Any wiring damage anywhere other than the headlamp loom? What exactly was damaged? Do you have any warning signs or stickers advertising that the car has a Ghost? Steering wheel lock? Hope it’s not put you off the LC - don’t let the bastards win!

yes they got the car open and were inside the car, but it wouldn't start because of the Ghost.

No wiring damage, they just unplugged the plug behind the headlight.

they pulled back the bumper which cracked, so it needed a new bumper and re calibration of the sensors behind the bumper

i didn't have any warning signs,  as at the time of fitting my Ghost they did not do them, i have now got a sticker of e bay which i have put on the windscreen

no steering lock

No it has not put me off the LC, its a amazing car and it will be sad when it has to go

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2024 at 10:38 AM, Chammers said:

Has anyone on this forum actually had their LC500 stolen?
Or even suffered an attempted theft?

Yes, mine was stolen earlier in the year.  London.  Canbus theft, not recovered, insurance write off.

• Sad 1

Parked on road - London resident parking bay.  Small amount of CCTV shows it being driven off, so the canbus access through the bumper does not create enough damage to make them undriveable.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links