Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Advice on buying a 2017 LC500h with 117.000 KM for 56k EUR

Dear members,

I found an LC 500h in Madrid , with 1 previous owner , all serviced at Lexus garage with 1 year of warranty for 56k EUro , made in 2017 and has 117000 km.

Is it a good buy in your opinion - most of what i am afraid is issues with hybrid system and Battery ?

WHat else should i consider checking on the car ?

Is the price a good one ...or I am over paying ?

Thanks,

All I can advise that here in the UK a car that age and particularly that mileage/kilometre would be nearer 47k than 56k Euro. Typical examples are shown on the following link:

Typical UK cars by mileage and age

In fairness within Spain and perhaps elsewhere in Europe, that 56K might be the accepted norm but I somehow doubt it. In regards the other concerns, then within this forum there have been no reports of hybrid or Battery problems. Additionally, Lexus clearly have faith in their product when here in the UK they offer a 10 year warranty and the Battery alone can be extended to 15 years if so desired, albeit I believe there might be a charge to do so. Whether that is also the case in Spain I wouldn't know but I do feel the Battery is probably or can be covered by either some extended free or paid for warranty.  I guess when you think about it, one shouldn't be surprised that it has 117k kilometres for a 7 year old car, but when compared with the UK that price does seem very steep.

I wouldn't have any drivetrain concerns, however I would want to have it inspected to ensure the Battery pack is in optimal condition and the cooling system is in good order. (As with any Lexus/Toyota hybrid)

It would be worth considering the additional wear on suspension at that mileage, so possibly could be in for bushes etc given the weight of the car.

People get hung up about mileage, but it could work in your favour. For example, around 50k (miles) there will be a big service and the chances are front discs. So, what would you rather buy, a 45k miles car (that's not had the discs changed) or a 55k miles that's already had the work done?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links