Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

IS300H advance - play spotify from Android phone wired

Hi all.

Picking up a 2019 IS300H advance tomorrow. One aspect I never checked was the audio. 

I'd prefer to listen wired to at least get the best out of what seems to be an average audio set up in these cars. What is the best way to do this if i wanted to listen to Spotify playlists via an Android phone? Is it USB or an AUX cable. Peferably it would be nice to skip songs via the steering wheel controls. 

Is there also a specific type of cable i should be getting to allow audio from phone to car?

Thanks in advance.

The stock stereo is decent. Not as good as Mark Levinson, unless yours has that.

I've had my is300h for 6 years now. I contemplated upgrading to a more beefy 450 bhp version but then decided against it since I wouldnt get the best out of it on my short commutes. Instead I decided to do a number or things and one of them was upgrade the stereo/ nav setup.

I bought a 10.2 inch screen with built in Android 13. The screen comes with a wire harness to piggy back the stock stereo. You may be fully aware of android options Available. The benefit is having the old stock radio and nav but complimented with the newer bigger screen, android auto, waze sat nav or Google maps and voice commands etc. it's great to say 'hey Google, play 80's music' or radio station and it's streamed from Spotify. 

The next plan is fitting a ghost immobiliser 

Ian

1 hour ago, neamhshuntasach said:

Hi all.

Picking up a 2019 IS300H advance tomorrow. One aspect I never checked was the audio. 

I'd prefer to listen wired to at least get the best out of what seems to be an average audio set up in these cars. What is the best way to do this if i wanted to listen to Spotify playlists via an Android phone? Is it USB or an AUX cable. Peferably it would be nice to skip songs via the steering wheel controls. 

Is there also a specific type of cable i should be getting to allow audio from phone to car?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about the 2019. I have a 2014 exec 6 speaker system and its just ok. The best sound quality i have found is achieved using Bluetooth and it also lets you change tracks etc using the steering controls. For some reason aux quality isnt as good and also you can't use the steering controls. I don't know about USB on a 2019 but on a 2014 usb is only for flash drives as far as i know.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links