Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

CANBUS remedial work with main dealers.

I get the very distinct impression Lexus are not going to do anything other than provide suggestions that they are. All very disappointing and hardly likely to promote brand loyalty, let alone entice new customers.

On 5/5/2024 at 6:32 AM, Brian R said:

I must admit I didn't get a chance to phone my dealer as I suggested I would, but I will fire off an email later today and ask for an update.

Having received my insurance renewal notice and with the premium increasing (to the penny) by exactly 100% I'm now more inclined to ask what the hell is going on. Darwin Insurance by the way and they are clearly applying greed inflation and in the process have taken on a new demeanour which I sensed last year and when I should have then told them to shove it.

Curiously, my home insurers have gone one step further and upped their premium by 118% Cheerio RIAS I'm leaving you after 13 years and having never made a claim!

Same happened to me Brian..!!!!!

Trust me Ronnie I feel your pain! Mind you, what goes around, comes around, and the next thing we'll hear is the insurance companies bleating about loss of business. As I often say to my daughter (and anyone else who will listen to me) insurance companies are nothing more than a bunch of spivs dreaming up more and more "creative" ways to legally rob you.

• Like 2

My insurance doubled last year in October so it’s about £1100-1200 - if it goes up again I’ll probably be saying goodbye to the LC and to Lexus.

On 6/6/2024 at 10:01 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Curiously, my home insurers have gone one step further and upped their premium by 118% Cheerio RIAS I'm leaving you after 13 years and having never made a claim!

Me too, no claims on any insurance just to be presented with massive hikes in prices - not fair is it? It's a pity really, to have paid them for 13 yrs and and only got a bit of peace of mind. What about burning the house down while you are still insured by them? Get all the valuables out first and replace it with old rubbish furniture maybe.  Oh hang on, we can't do that it's illegal.😔

21 hours ago, Brian R said:

Trust me Ronnie I feel your pain! Mind you, what goes around, comes around, and the next thing we'll hear is the insurance companies bleating about loss of business. As I often say to my daughter (and anyone else who will listen to me) insurance companies are nothing more than a bunch of spivs dreaming up more and more "creative" ways to legally rob you.

Totally Agree with you Brian.. Strangely enough I got a Quote Just last Week from Darwin Who Are A Really Good company To be with For £659 About £90 more than i paid last year..So What on Earth,s Going on with these Quotes They are all over the place..And incidentally change from day to day..Finally I went with AVIVA Brian Who Quoted Me £590 so i went with That ..However i have spoken to some colleagues who said there quotes were out the ball park..Makes no sense...Just keep shopping around Brian BTW have you tried chris Knott for car insurance ..Some good reports about them but can be a bit pricey..But Great service... Cheers..!! also TRY Compare The Market Brian They came up trumps for me.. Confused and go-compare not so good  Oddly enough..!!

On 6/7/2024 at 3:56 PM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Totally Agree with you Brian.. Strangely enough I got a Quote Just last Week from Darwin Who Are A Really Good company To be with For £659 About £90 more than i paid last year..So What on Earth,s Going on with these Quotes They are all over the place..And incidentally change from day to day..Finally I went with AVIVA Brian Who Quoted Me £590 so i went with That ..However i have spoken to some colleagues who said there quotes were out the ball park..Makes no sense...Just keep shopping around Brian BTW have you tried chris Knott for car insurance ..Some good reports about them but can be a bit pricey..But Great service... Cheers..!! also TRY Compare The Market Brian They came up trumps for me.. Confused and go-compare not so good  Oddly enough..!!

Ironically Ronnie I was with Darwin on the LC util 1st June and had been for many years before. However, they doubled to the penny my insurance premium and I ended up going with Saga. I must also admit I invariably use "confused.com* as my searcher, but I'll certainly give your suggestions a try on the 17th of this month, which is some 23 days* before the due date on my/our other car/general dogs body.

*As for this nonsense that one has to get a quote a specific number of days before renewal, then don't get me going, but it does seem to be a proven fact that 23 days prior is about when you get the best price. In a previous life I would offer goods against a 30 day validity and sometimes 60 or even 90 and that was regardless of the prevailing market conditions!

7 hours ago, Brian R said:

Ironically Ronnie I was with Darwin on the LC util 1st June and had been for many years before. However, they doubled to the penny my insurance premium and I ended up going with Saga. I must also admit I invariably use "confused.com* as my searcher, but I'll certainly give your suggestions a try on the 17th of this month, which is some 23 days* before the due date on my/our other car/general dogs body.

*As for this nonsense that one has to get a quote a specific number of days before renewal, then don't get me going, but it does seem to be a proven fact that 23 days prior is about when you get the best price. In a previous life I would offer goods against a 30 day validity and sometimes 60 or even 90 and that was regardless of the prevailing market conditions!

Totally Agree Brian.. I Experienced Exactly The same as yourself ..It Is so Frustrating.. Loyalty Means absolutely Nothing to Car insurance Companies...Try Compare the Market first Brian  I Was Surprised at the Competitive prices on This site Even compared to the Other Two...Best of luck Sir...Regards..!!!!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 3:19 PM, Arth_Vader said:

My insurance doubled last year in October so it’s about £1100-1200 - if it goes up again I’ll probably be saying goodbye to the LC and to Lexus.

My LC is on a modern classics policy with Classicline. Mandatory Tracker, it was a hefty 900 last year, renewal was 960-odd, and I’ve now got it below 800 by reducing the market value from 87k to 80k (it’s probably 70-80k based on autotrader ‘21 convertibles) and agreed mileage from 5k to 3K. 

Regardless, Lexus need to get their solution sorted out sharpish, and then publicise the hell out of it so thieves know their chances of hacking a car’s systems are reducing day by day.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bump! From this thread here on the RX forum we might have the long awaited 'April solution' Lexus mentioned after they crapped themselves post-Watchdog.

Shame it sounds like an immobiliser and tracker that I already have...

If anyone has any more info post it up!

• Like 1

I guess we'll find out, fingers crossed for good news then, though it will be a bit naff if the canbus rogue device still lets you into the vehicle even if you can't start it.

19 minutes ago, IronLizard said:

I guess we'll find out, fingers crossed for good news then, though it will be a bit naff if the canbus rogue device still lets you into the vehicle even if you can't start it.

absolutely agree

My ultimate solution would be a pair of Clifford vibration sensors mounted to the backsides of the front bumper or arch liner connected to a basic old school alarm and siren but I’m terrified of working on modern cars in case I break clips or other plastic bits. As soon as the bumper is tampered with they’d get an earful.
Haven’t yet found an alarm fitter who doesn’t default to “ghost is all you need mate” unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eightk said:

My ultimate solution would be a pair of Clifford vibration sensors mounted to the backsides of the front bumper or arch liner connected to a basic old school alarm and siren but I’m terrified of working on modern cars in case I break clips or other plastic bits. As soon as the bumper is tampered with they’d get an earful.
Haven’t yet found an alarm fitter who doesn’t default to “ghost is all you need mate” unfortunately.

A bit old school, technology has moved on & I posted a video link to a bespoke alarm / immobiliser system last summer ( that the mods removed ) that is perfect for securing Toyota / Lexus vehicles plus it works perfectly fine on hybrids. 

The "Ghost is all you need mate" will be the types of fitters that just want an easy sling it in install. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links