Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Consireding Buying RCF

Go to solution Solved by TheHairyBeast,

15 minutes ago, TheHairyBeast said:

Do you still have the original wheels?

Yes I still have the original wheel and the exhaust, Like I say I'm happy to return the car to stock and sell it. As I'm sure the wheels and Quicksilver exhaust will sell separately. 

I'd ask £35 for the car stock.

Just to add this is a late 2017 car so has the adaptive suspension which is a must for mixed driving.

And the TVD

On 6/13/2024 at 8:01 AM, TheHairyBeast said:

RR Racing super damper upgrade?

anyone tried this?

been looking at mods before getting an RCF lol and this seemed interesting 

What colours are you considering? 

2 hours ago, TheHairyBeast said:

Blue

white

been put off black

Red I’m unsure off

Any other colour would be fine too

Red looks better in the flesh, particularly when sunny.  Worth considering interior leather colour combinations too.

Orange is the best and by far most valuable/sought after…..

Have you got nothing better to do than asking such nonsense? 42k miles in 7 years old car… Honestly just turn off your laptop and go hunting for one cause you are wasting time! 

3 minutes ago, DamianLEX said:

Have you got nothing better to do than asking such nonsense? 42k miles in 7 years old car… Honestly just turn off your laptop and go hunting for one cause you are wasting time! 

Just wanted others opinion

You seem like you need a stress relieve 😂

34 minutes ago, DamianLEX said:

@DamianLEX Raz is just doing his homework, please keep the tone friendly. Thanks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheHairyBeast said:

Would 42k miles on a 2017 be considered high mileage? Even it being a Lexus? 

Whilst many F vehicles have low mileage as they are being used as a weekend car, it is perfectly fine to be used as a daily driver so no, 42k miles isn't high. The Lexus Relax warranty is good for 100k miles/10 years so provided you have Lexus dealer service history there is little to worry about mechanically. 

• Like 2

Ive a 2015 and owned it personally over 5yrs and 75% of the mileage ive put on it  and ive got mine up to just over 90ks …never had any issues and every MOT has been a clean sweep ie no advisory’s, ohh and i do all my own servicing myself for the past 3 yrs…. No plans to sell so ain’t paying dealer over selling prices, plus im a skin flint jock 😉

On 6/19/2024 at 4:14 PM, TheHairyBeast said:

Would 42k miles on a 2017 be considered high mileage? Even it being a Lexus? 

I’m doing around 12k miles a year in mine with no problems at all, coming up to 35k miles and it’s a 2018 car….

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, TheHairyBeast said:

Well after months of searching I’ve finally bought one!

2018 plus pack with sunroof and tvd

16k miles

so so far very happy with it!

IMG_8201.jpeg

Nice choice, how are you finding it?  I wish mine had the sunroof, only option I couldn’t get….

My car is also a plus pack from 2018, they start getting rare by then.  Tried the ventilated seats yet?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jgtcracer said:

Nice choice, how are you finding it?  I wish mine had the sunroof, only option I couldn’t get….

My car is also a plus pack from 2018, they start getting rare by then.  Tried the ventilated seats yet?

im loving it

sadly on the motorway back up to scotland some mudflap hit me and has scratched the bumper not bad but will need to get smart repair done...

vented seats my IS220d has so used to but they feel better in the RCF.

heated steering doubt ill ever need tbh maybe that 1 winter morning ha.

also does yours have apple car play? this doesnt seem to have even though its the updated infotainment unless somthing else is needed?

10 minutes ago, TheHairyBeast said:

im loving it

sadly on the motorway back up to scotland some mudflap hit me and has scratched the bumper not bad but will need to get smart repair done...

vented seats my IS220d has so used to but they feel better in the RCF.

heated steering doubt ill ever need tbh maybe that 1 winter morning ha.

also does yours have apple car play? this doesnt seem to have even though its the updated infotainment unless somthing else is needed?

Heated steering wheel is good, though the seats are rubbish! To be honest in not that impressed with the cooling either but I suppose it’s not strictly ‘cooling’ but rather a fan blowing air through the seat.  It’s good if you have the A/C on and aiming at your feet, the colder air in the footwells then gets blown through…

When buying the car I read that cars with the updated infotainment were able to have CarPlay.  I even confirmed this with Lexus Edinburgh.  Upon purchasing it from Swindon this turned out not to be the case!  I ended up buying a 3rd party box and it’s brilliant….

Just now, Jgtcracer said:

Heated steering wheel is good, though the seats are rubbish! To be honest in not that impressed with the cooling either but I suppose it’s not strictly ‘cooling’ but rather a fan blowing air through the seat.  It’s good if you have the A/C on and aiming at your feet, the colder air in the footwells then gets blown through…

When buying the car I read that cars with the updated infotainment were able to have CarPlay.  I even confirmed this with Lexus Edinburgh.  Upon purchasing it from Swindon this turned out not to be the case!  I ended up buying a 3rd party box and it’s brilliant….

interesting. got a link to this 3rd part box? DM if possible

12 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I thought there were ducts running under the seat that then gets drawn up by the fans. Either way I always felt the ventilated seats were a bit naff. A slight cooling feeling on my legs was all I ever felt. Not that I cared much, the seats in general were exceptionally comfortable once adjusted properly, even for long drives.

For best results in summer aim the air vents upwards, then the cool air will wash over you as it descends.

1 hour ago, Rob RCF said:

I thought there were ducts running under the seat that then gets drawn up by the fans. Either way I always felt the ventilated seats were a bit naff. A slight cooling feeling on my legs was all I ever felt. Not that I cared much, the seats in general were exceptionally comfortable once adjusted properly, even for long drives.

For best results in summer aim the air vents upwards, then the cool air will wash over you as it descends.

Yea, there is a fan under there but I believe that it is just sucking air from below the seat, up through the cushions.  Not sure how a duct would work with a moving seat.

I agree that it’s not brilliant

2 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

Very nice one. After you get used to it let us know if you feel TVD in action. 

Have tried it once and dont think im ready for it yet haha. Picks up off the line so well with TVD in track mode.

21 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Yea, there is a fan under there but I believe that it is just sucking air from below the seat, up through the cushions.  Not sure how a duct would work with a moving seat.

I agree that it’s not brilliant

If I'm remembering correctly they are literally just fixed ducts on the floor blowing air into the footwell. You can see them if the seat's all the way forward. I'm not saying they are designed specifically to duct air into the seats, but if cold air was coming out of them it may help.

16 hours ago, TheHairyBeast said:

Have tried it once and dont think im ready for it yet haha. Picks up off the line so well with TVD in track mode.

I had the TVD too. Track mode seems to be the most predictable/natural. Even more so than normal mode. It seems to keep the car straight when the wheels are spinning.

The other modes are more about trying to rotate the car which feels great in the dry, but as soon as it's cold or wet it can lead to the rear stepping out unexpectedly. The stability control quickly takes care of it though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links