Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Consireding Buying RCF

Go to solution Solved by TheHairyBeast,

1 hour ago, TheHairyBeast said:

Going to see one tomorrow hopefully it’s all good 

Good luck - what spec/details?

10 hours ago, TheHairyBeast said:

2017 just a normal rcf in black

28k miles 2 owners 

No such thing as a normal RCF, they’re all immaculate and driven but persons of impeccable taste!  

can’t remember of the top of my head but I think it was 2017/18 that the updated infotainment was adopted and the packages changed a bit to ‘plus’ etc.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

No such thing as a normal RCF, they’re all immaculate and driven but persons of impeccable taste!  

can’t remember of the top of my head but I think it was 2017/18 that the updated infotainment was adopted and the packages changed a bit to ‘plus’ etc.  

you got a 2018?

what’s your infotainment look like?

im actually very excited its a car that i didnt even think of wanting to be honest.

So went to see car not what I expected 

car was badly scratched up and so many stone chips and deep scratches which when asked apparently car was up to Lexus standard on all aspects.

for 28k miles 2 owners didn’t seem right looked more of a 6 owner car.

On the hunt again…

• Sad 1

High road tax is unfortunate, especially as many are pre '17, and a lot are '15. I understand there are many '15 being the launch year as dealers had to take stock for showroom, whereas later years was to order.

Also the 10 year relax warranty is quickly running out for all the '15 plate cars too if they are serviced with Lexus.

So next year you have a double wammy, high road tax and no Lexus warranty.

I suspect values might fall for those cars effected.

On 6/8/2024 at 12:13 AM, TheHairyBeast said:

So went to see car not what I expected 

car was badly scratched up and so many stone chips and deep scratches which when asked apparently car was up to Lexus standard on all aspects.

for 28k miles 2 owners didn’t seem right looked more of a 6 owner car.

On the hunt again…

Yea, there are good ones out there, just takes time.  Considering there are only a few hundred in the UK there isn’t much choice at times.  I know when I was looking there was only one in the country to my spec.  

I’m mentally 7 so ended up with a colour I wasn’t looking for but in the end I’m pleased.  Sometimes you just need to take a punt!!

• Like 1

Just now, Jgtcracer said:

Yea, there are good ones out there, just takes time.  Considering there are only a few hundred in the UK there isn’t much choice at times.  I know when I was looking there was only one in the country to my spec.  

I’m mentally 7 so ended up with a colour I wasn’t looking for but in the end I’m pleased.  Sometimes you just need to take a punt!!

Just a shame the one I went to see wasn’t up to lexus standard but the dealership was pretty much not caring and thought they had a guaranteed buyer.

Turns out the shocks were leaking oil even after being replaced on one side 

1 hour ago, TheHairyBeast said:

Just a shame the one I went to see wasn’t up to lexus standard but the dealership was pretty much not caring and thought they had a guaranteed buyer.

Turns out the shocks were leaking oil even after being replaced on one side 

That’s not brilliant, doesn’t reflect my experience either…I wonder if the later AVS cars have leaking shock issues?  It’s hardly a big problem to be honest but cost you don’t need.  I’m seem to remember reading that shocks aren’t covered by warranty either!!

Are there any other RCFs on your radar at the moment?

2 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

That’s not brilliant, doesn’t reflect my experience either…I wonder if the later AVS cars have leaking shock issues?  It’s hardly a big problem to be honest but cost you don’t need.  I’m seem to remember reading that shocks aren’t covered by warranty either!!

Are there any other RCFs on your radar at the moment?

At the moment none.

the black one up for sale £35k is the one I saw and would avoid.

14 hours ago, TheHairyBeast said:

At the moment none.

the black one up for sale £35k is the one I saw and would avoid.

That's a shame and not indicative of my experience either. I am london based but ended with a car from Lexus Leeds. Looking at that car in question, it looks like a pre-AVS and pre-widescreen infotainment car 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 9:33 PM, Jgtcracer said:

177 registered in uk +18 SORNed as of last year…..

19 hours ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

I had my 2015 RCF serviced with Lexus recently, they told me if I get the car serviced next year before its 10th birthday It will still get the relax warranty through to 2026

Yes I was also told that at my last service as well. 

Also worth remembering a Lexus warranty is still available to purchase from your dealer on a yearly basis for a further 5 years (I think) beyond the 10 year Relax period.  Apparently the cover is similar to that of the old 2 year warranty.

On 6/10/2024 at 9:24 PM, stag74 said:

High road tax is unfortunate, especially as many are pre '17, and a lot are '15. I understand there are many '15 being the launch year as dealers had to take stock for showroom, whereas later years was to order.

Also the 10 year relax warranty is quickly running out for all the '15 plate cars too if they are serviced with Lexus.

So next year you have a double wammy, high road tax and no Lexus warranty.

I suspect values might fall for those cars effected.

One of the advantages of a 2015 RCF that may offset the high road tax is the marginally higher power & torque over the later cars which had to comply with stricter emissions restrictions from Europe. Depends on your priorities 😉🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DAW said:

One of the advantages of a 2015 RCF that may offset the high road tax is the marginally higher power & torque over the later cars which had to comply with stricter emissions restrictions from Europe. Depends on your priorities 😉🤣

if thats the case then it may be time to consider a 2015 👀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DAW said:

Proper man maths that……

• Haha 3

Although the 2019 onward cars are actually slightly faster off the line owing to an updated final drive and lower rpm threshhold for the 2nd intake valve opening #beardmode

• Like 1

Just now, RCF Fan said:

Although the 2019 onward cars are actually slightly faster off the line owing to an updated final drive and lower rpm threshhold for the 2nd intake valve opening #beardmode

RR Racing super damper upgrade?

anyone tried this?

been looking at mods before getting an RCF lol and this seemed interesting 

the newer RC-F have an electronic parking brake instead of a foot pedal, launch control & a nicer info screen. The facelift seems like its just different headlights, side skirts, exhaust tips & wheels, black instead of chrome around the windows. I prefer the sculptured pre facelift headlights but Its all subjective. Im not a fan of the colour coded rear diffuser, black is the best colour there imo, it looks odd to me when its white or whatever.

Since buying my GR Yaris my 2017 13K mile RCF may be coming up for sale due to non use. It's originally red and has the original wheels and exhaust. It has a great wrap on it at the moment but I can have it removed. Thinking of around £37K, it's like new.

I'm happy to remove the wrap, wheels and exhaust and sell it as that with all the original stuff on the car and sell the bits separately

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links