Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Say it quietly - - cyclist season is coming :-(

GMB

Thankfully my few helicopter trips have been absolutely wonderful amazing experiences in far off lands with gobsmacking scenery ……. 👍👍👍

My bicycling on the other hand has always been fraught with anxiety and trepidation and vows NEVER to do it again 🥵

My Lexus seems to fly along too 😇

Malc 

26 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Yes, but I will enjoy riding my Recumbent Trike... I will never go up in a helicopter again, not even as a passenger... What happened to me shouldn't ha

Definitely the right decision Kevin .

On 7/24/2024 at 9:03 AM, First_Lexus said:

s instead given a ‘panda’ car for his ‘beat’ (a pale blue and white Allegro), I assume because of fewer police and bigger areas to cover. 

I am now of an age where I fully accept I look at elements of the past with rose tinted spectacles…

Ed....does this mean you are now going to cancel the Toyota order and  go for an Allegro?

17 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Yes, but I will enjoy riding my Recumbent Trike... I will never go up in a helicopter again, not even as a passenger... What happened to me shouldn't have happened to me...!

452747323_2176140289411650_6648736280380800232_n.jpg

Rotor Torque Summer 2012_2 copy.pdf 2.21 MB · 7 downloads

Glad you made it through. I haven't been on a plane since COVID and in no rush to get back on one. As I explain to my daughter, 'landing' a mordern jet is basically stopping it from crashing into the ground too quickly, all the while you are stuck in an aluminium can with hundreds of people and surrounded by one of the most combustible fuels around. If I never have to set foot in an aeroport again, I'll be a very happy man!!

Cycling on the other hand is the almost ploar opposite. I find it amazing people are happy to accept the risks of flying but find it 'scary' to ride a pedal bike on the roads.

• Like 1

Gang hi, for once I almost concur with you  🤞

Planes and pilots,their drivers are very strictly controlled …… cyclists on the other hand have more or less freedom to wreak havoc where ‘ere they decide to ride 

I too have no wish to pop into that airport and onto that metal tube with 400 others packed in like sardines at the mercy of some technology or other ……. cycling neither 

Ancient Ls400 mode is good enough for me 🤣😂👍

Malc 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 1:45 PM, Kevin Williams said:

Yes, but I will enjoy riding my Recumbent Trike... I will never go up in a helicopter again, not even as a passenger... What happened to me shouldn't have happened to me.

Kevin ..here we are a few days later and I have just spotted an article in Octane magazine where, in the 1980s somebody made a one-off "Helicar".It looks like only the bubble canopy was used with a large V8 inthe back.36955538c59edc0e.thumb.jpg.da01cff3002686f6d114fa3a452a52bb.jpg

• Like 2

2 x classic scenarios just today. First  one - mature male cyclist riding down one way street the wrong way. Standard practice methinks, nothing unusual about that.

Second one this evening 5pm. Waiting at red lights on a one way street, no entry to oncoming traffic, cyclist appears coming down the one way street the wrong way. Lights on red and he cuts across in front to go past on the wrong side down the next one way street through the red light.  If it wasn't so stupid and dangerous it would be funny. Nothing we can do, just grin and bear it and see the antics as "amusing" or "interesting behaviour" from our barmy friends.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting little vid here. Some professor apparently saying that drivers kill pedestrians and not bikes. Absurd!!

Don't know who they think they are pretending to be the more lung friendly mode of transport. Primitive!

On 7/27/2024 at 9:49 PM, GMB said:

2 x classic scenarios just today. First  one - mature male cyclist riding down one way street the wrong way. Standard practice methinks, nothing unusual about that.

Second one this evening 5pm. Waiting at red lights on a one way street, no entry to oncoming traffic, cyclist appears coming down the one way street the wrong way. Lights on red and he cuts across in front to go past on the wrong side down the next one way street through the red light.  If it wasn't so stupid and dangerous it would be funny. Nothing we can do, just grin and bear it and see the antics as "amusing" or "interesting behaviour" from our barmy friends.

I think that is the core of the "cycling problem". In lots of cases its pure anarchy, no rules, no regulations for me me me as i am above all that on my bike. As, like with us overhere, the cyclist is always defended by law in case of an accident and found innocent even when driving drunk, blindfolded, against traffic, on the pavement at night without lights and hits your car YOU are to blame and will have to pay all damage. I really think that has contributed to the lack of morale and attitude of cycling in general. On the other hand if you drive your bike to work in the city or from village to village and will get overtaken by cars and lorries if you are invisible who is the enemy? Cars and bikes should not be on thesame road, never.

14 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Cars and bikes should not be on thesame road, never.

in the UK there's not much opportunity to have parallel roads .......  one for cyclists and one for those paying to use the roads ......  motorists 

Malc

On 7/30/2024 at 8:11 AM, Malc1 said:

in the UK there's not much opportunity to have parallel roads .......  one for cyclists and one for those paying to use the roads ......  motorists 

Malc

Actually there are loads of roads in the UK cyclists can use but motorists cannot to dare not to :) 

53890702462_c791daec22_c_d.jpg

7 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Actually there are loads of roads in the UK cyclists can use but motorists cannot to dare not to 🙂

53890702462_c791daec22_c_d.jpg

Yes, Malc should buy a bike and enjoy cycling on some of the numerous cycle tracks, built especially for people to enjoy some exercise, and not have to worry about cars...!!! Malc, have you got a bike...? You can get electric foldable bikes that you can put in your LS 400...!!!

Gocycle G4i.jpg

• Like 1

Hahaha, me on a bike these days …….. does a bike have a holster to fit my walking stick …….. seriously tho’ , I will of course continue to be happy to pay for roadways and cycle ways that only cyclists can use ……. no point being unhappy about it, it’s a fact of a motorists, non-cycling car owners life …….. 

My exercise these days has to come from swimming …… not Olympiad stuff in the Seine, not the Medway nor the Thames but my local swim pool that I buy my annual Season Ticket to use ……. not contributed to by other motorists nor cyclists ……. ah but I do now park for free in the pool’s Blue Badge car park bays 👌👍 🤣😂

Malc 

23 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Hahaha, me on a bike these days …….. does a bike have a holster to fit my walking stick …….. seriously tho’ , I will of course continue to be happy to pay for roadways and cycle ways that only cyclists can use ……. no point being unhappy about it, it’s a fact of a motorists, non-cycling car owners life …….. 

My exercise these days has to come from swimming …… not Olympiad stuff in the Seine, not the Medway nor the Thames but my local swim pool that I buy my annual Season Ticket to use ……. not contributed to by other motorists nor cyclists ……. ah but I do now park for free in the pool’s Blue Badge car park bays 👌👍 🤣😂

Malc 

Hahaha, I am currently using crutches, the last Covid jab has caused me some health issues... Now on my 2nd Recumbent Trike I bought on eBay from Ipswich..... I am fitting a seat riser today which brings the seat 100mm higher. It will be easier to get in and out of the seat. When in the seat its great...!!! I use Strava to keep a record of my rides...

Sprint_Without seat riser_5.jpg

Sprint_Without seat riser_1.jpg

STRAVA_31st July.PNG

• Like 1

Kevin hi.    Hope you’ve a “ speed limiter “ of some sort on your gad  around zipmobil …….. at least you’ll be able to get up tracks police cars can’t reach …… and have a Heineken or two 😄

Malc 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links