Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

Might take it on another big Scandi trip next year to save wear and tear on the Lexus. Will be five years since we went up there.

Already thinking 2025 road trips.

IMG_20190514_190634.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Might take it on another big Scandi trip next year to save wear and tear on the Lexus. Will be five years since we went up there.

Already thinking 2025 road trips.

IMG_20190514_190634.jpg

Whereabouts is that?

I have not really spent much time in Scandi which I think is a big oversight on my part.

37 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

That was on the edge of an idyllic lake in Sweden

Last year or maybe before, we went on an Ambassador line cruise ( from Tilbury )  that took us up thru' Sweden and those beautiful amazing waterways and islands ......... 

and great for us on board too as the ( ship's )  wifi ...........  it seemed all of Sweden probably had it for gratis too 👍

Malc

Decided to SORN Lexus from Sept to at least April next year, maybe even until August.

Then the love affair can begin again. Lexus just doesn't fit in travel plans until Sept 2025. 

Promise to take it on a big Autumn jolly then.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Decided to SORN Lexus from Sept to at least April next year, maybe even until August.

Then the love affair can begin again. Lexus just doesn't fit in travel plans until Sept 2025. 

Promise to take it on a big Autumn jolly then.

Coincidences. I am going to Sorn mine Sep to Feb. Basically going to get it up, wheels off and have a dig around brakes. Function well, but got a squeal after standing that I think I can get rid if. Also going to fit my camera myself as tired of others being not interested. Couple of other things I fancy doing on body detailing. Got my eye on a cheap and cheerful pop up marquee that I can work under on a as and when basis.

Use the XK in that period as I have only out 600 miles on it since March.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Mine does sometimes squeal. Think it is rear brakes. New pads and discs on front were put on by a very competent mechanic. 

Mine is also rear. Squeal literally disappears after driving a few hundred yards with couple of brake taps.

3 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

You drive it that far?

Obviously, the petrol station is that far and it does eventually evaporate standing on the driveway hence needs topping up.

Why on earth SORN your cars and lay them up with all that preventative maintenance need ….. and worry 

They're cars …… just use them but “ lightly “ , keeps everything on them happy 

Don’t be afeared to spend a little ££££ ….. you’ve got plenty …… just don’t be too tight …… you can’t take it with you

Malc  

30 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Good point well made.

Actually must fill tank to brim before SORNing to prevent fuel pump deterioration.

Is that a real thing? Remember Novice from Nowhere here, be kind.

17 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Why on earth SORN your cars and lay them up with all that preventative maintenance need ….. and worry 

They're cars …… just use them but “ lightly “ , keeps everything on them happy 

Don’t be afeared to spend a little ££££ ….. you’ve got plenty …… just don’t be too tight …… you can’t take it with you

Malc  

No worry here. Things will be moved regularly so nothing is going to seize up. I just have number of jobs I would like to do. Some with wheels off. Probably one with the front bumper panel off. Just makes sense to do it at my leisure and in doing so I might as well not be paying this grabbing govt while I am at it. It will still be insured so if I get done faster than then I will put the tax back on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Doh.

All dead today. Left roof down in garage after I drove it a few days ago.

Any ideas. Battery is quite new and lorra miles done recently.

There is obviously a circuit for that roof. Just a thought, but what if there is always a circuit drawing when the roof is down regardless of whether the engine is on, or off?

I really don't know, but that was just my first thought.

45 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Doh.

All dead today. Left roof down in garage after I drove it a few days ago.

Any ideas. Battery is quite new and lorra miles done recently.

That’s a new one on me 🤔, put it on a trickle charger for a few days and get the roof back up.

cant see the boot lights staying on unless the boot was ajar .

21 minutes ago, Bob King said:

That’s a new one on me 🤔, put it on a trickle charger for a few days and get the roof back up.

cant see the boot lights staying on unless the boot was ajar .

Yes, you easily control test this issue by rinse and repeat. In truth it would be a very good thing for all of us to know for obvious reasons.

Used iQ to jump start. Thought a Toyota juice transfusion was best.

Car fired up as normal for a blast on the South Downs.

Roof now closed in the garage!

Feel free to rinse and repeat yourselves.

IMG_20240827_171529.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Bought a Noco Genius 5 for the battery

I was just having dinner and read your message , just done a bit of homework and was going to suggest the Noco Genius 5……well look at that ..that’s what you bought 😁😁

I have the NOCO genius 10 as our van sometimes needs charging , the genius 5 is  fine for batteries upto 120AH, as your Battery is probably a 75AH you made the perfect choice 👏🏻👏🏻

It should come with a hard wire kit to the Battery terminals so no need to use the crocodile clips which can pop off .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links