Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

You’ve done some hours/miles behind the steering wheel now, anything you don’t like about the car ..and what do you enjoy about it the most ? 
     I’ve done two lots of 300mile round trips to car shows ..can’t think of anything I don’t like 👍🏻

Seats are super.

Wood on steering wheel is a tactile delight.

Lots of space for luggage if you pack very carefully.

Wife cannot see speedometer.

Nothing negative to report.

Some Swiss kid today said, in French, "Nice car Mr."

Car is quite capable of being a bit of a weapon if needs be.

• Like 2

Long drive up thru France today. World and his mère were on the roads today.

Nestled in a no hope town for the night in a non descript house. The church is not the house.

IMG_20240817_183649.jpg

IMG_20240817_183736.jpg

And home again to count the scratches and dings.

New one on drivers wing/bumper. Not only a little scrape but a small crack in bumper plastic. Not me guv.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Still not convinced about the throttle controller. Does feel good when you put your foot down, but when pootling thru a village at 30mph it feels a bit pulsy.

Will set it below P1.5 next.

This is the baby level of settings.

I guess you have to find the best compromise. I am not going to be changing it on every corner like an F1 driver.

6 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Still not convinced about the throttle controller. Does feel good when you put your foot down, but when pootling thru a village at 30mph it feels a bit pulsy.

Will set it below P1.5 next.

This is the baby level of settings.

I guess you have to find the best compromise. I am not going to be changing it on every corner like an F1 driver.

I have had 3 different ones, don’t ask me why and I need another one now because Lexus broke the last one. The second one I bought  from SC430mods didn’t pulse even on the highest setting but the one he sells now is different so may not be the same. The last one I bought direct from China as it had a park setting did pulse at higher settings so my conclusion is they vary in the amount of throttle response. When they pulse it almost seems it needs more fuel than the injection system can cope with.

If I do get another one I will probably go with the standard 9+Drive one from China without the park setting as this seems to be similar to the one I had from SC430mods which for me was the best of the bunch.

Maybe P1.3 next.

The actual feel of the throttle at speed is unquestionably better. Massive acceleration from 70 to 100. You feel like you are driving a fast car. Pay the price at the pump though.

Driving thru the Jura I did use the manual gear shift option and felt I maxxed out my mpg. Got it back to 31.2 for the year. A lot of miles!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Bodged and scarpered. Heat shield now secure using any old bits I had in the shed.

IMG_20240820_115716.jpg

IMG_20240820_115400.jpg

Can't comment on the heatshield, but I recommend Sodium Hypochlorite for the weeds.  10% plus strength dilute 1:1

• Sad 1

no don't ..............  the weeds help with  Carbon Capture  ....... part offsets the carbon emmision effects of the car   🤞

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

no don't ..............  the weeds help with  Carbon Capture  ....... part offsets the carbon emmision effects of the car   🤞

Malc

"Carbon capture"...hmm, I feel a new board game about to be born ! It's 'Monopoly' for the 21st century. We've gone from trying to 'buy' the world to 'saving' it. New dating lines will not be 'do you want to see my penthouse', but 'would you like to see my carbon credits'. "Even my underpants are biodegradable"

• Haha 1

Just looked at odometer.

I have a mileage allowance of 7500 miles on classic policy. Might even have to sorn it for a bit. Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec.

That means I only have 368 miles left to play until Christmas!!!

Driven 7132 miles so far this year.

Beat that.

• Like 1

Most insurers are happy to increase the mileage allowance  mid term …..   for a    “ modest “ 😂🤣.    fee 

Malc 

Already upped it from 5000 to 7500 mid term.

Anyway, driving around France in Sept Oct in my other vehicle.

Lexus will be stashed in the garage with a blanket.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links