Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

...and after grafting all day, and then swiftly downing some red wine, here are some pics.

Paint scrape on front passenger wing not as bad as it was.

Whole car is a bit scritchy scratchy tbh. I have officially declared that I much prefer driving it than polishing it!

Went thru about ten microfibre towels.

IMG_20240720_151325.jpg

IMG_20240720_151346.jpg

IMG_20240720_152754.jpg

IMG_20240720_152820.jpg

IMG_20240720_152836.jpg

IMG_20240720_171345.jpg

If I thrash it round Switzerland using the Sport mode on the throttle controller, I hopefully can put some Michelin Pilots on towards the end of the year and use the new wheels I bought to complete the half decent from ten feet look.

• Like 1

Face the truth peeps.

These cars will outlast us whether we fettle them religiously every weekend or thrash then on a beach and take them down the supermarket!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 4:57 PM, Malc1 said:

Just a little hopefully helpful advice …… When I did my Portugal drive some years ago I found much confusion queuing in the several different lane Qs to cross that bridge into Lisbon ……. I got it wrong …… verbally reprimanded by the Officer dealing with the Qs and quite ridiculed tbh …….. 

So, choose the correct Q, somehow, to avoid being classed as a reprobate by the Officials 

Good luck 🤞 😄

Malc 

I appreciate you sharing your experience navigating the bridge lanes into Lisbon, Malc. It's understandable how one could easily end up in the wrong lane in a confusing traffic situation like that. I'll be sure to review the proper lane assignments ahead of time so I don't find myself in a similar predicament. It's invaluable to learn from others' experiences to avoid potentially awkward situations. Did the officer you encountered speak English? Knowing that detail could be helpful for me to prepare accordingly.

• Like 1

Sans English at that time …… just plenty of irate gesticulations ……. but then I’m sans Portuguese …… a few years back now, maybe 2018 so I’m sure they’ve all learnt English by now 🤣😂

But it was a wonderful Iberian trip including the rather boring Gibraltar for a day 

I just go with the flow, never pre-book and enjoy oft surprising off the beaten track experiences 👍🤞👌

Go anywhere  and everywhere Lexus eh ! 
Happy travelling !

Malc 

21 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Sans English at that time …… just plenty of irate gesticulations ……. but then I’m sans Portuguese …… a few years back now, maybe 2018 so I’m sure they’ve all learnt English by now 🤣😂

But it was a wonderful Iberian trip including the rather boring Gibraltar for a day 

I just go with the flow, never pre-book and enjoy oft surprising off the beaten track experiences 👍🤞👌

Go anywhere  and everywhere Lexus eh ! 
Happy travelling !

Malc 

I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable trip despite the minor traffic mishap. Your laidback approach to travel does sound quite liberating compared to tightly scheduled itineraries. Exploring off the beaten path is how one discovers the true character of a place. I'll keep an open mind on my drive and be prepared for any surprises. Thanks for sharing your experience, Malc. It's given me optimism that any hiccups can still lead to happy memories overall. Safe travels to you as well!

• Thanks 1

Tried out the sports setting on throttle controller!

Terrible. Pulsing at low speed and just feels horrible. Like it expects pedal mashing all the time.

Reverted back to standard

• Like 1

Took neighbour to paint shop to collect his car after wing repair. Owner thought Lexus paintwork was ok! Did notice scabby wheels though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Tried out the sports setting on throttle controller!

Terrible. Pulsing at low speed and just feels horrible. Like it expects pedal mashing all the time.

Reverted back to standard

I think they vary a bit. The one I had from SC430mods.com was fine but the one I changed it to that had the lock function was the same as yours on the high settings. It no longer worked after Lexus doing the airbag recall so I am back to standard as well now.

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Little house next to a babbling brook

Looks a bit like Salford to me? Is that a tributary of the Irwell?. My auntie lived near there.

BTW Olympics? We don't need no steenkin' Olympics. 

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Looks a bit like Salford to me? Is that a tributary of the Irwell?. My auntie lived near there.

BTW Olympics? We don't need no steenkin' Olympics. 

Salford does not have babbling brooks. More  like suicide jumps. Probably do have a few muggers who could be sprint medallists.

Grape Vines too in my courtyard garden in Kent for sure  ........  not that I get any grapes worth eating tho' 😂  ...........  Salford vines  ??  ........ pedant !

Malc

yes, you are right, looking at the shoddy house repairs and construction quality, it has to be France.

1 minute ago, GMB said:

it has to be France.

and a gentle gust could bring that guttering crashing down  .......  on your parked car  ......  aaaaaggggghhhhh 🤢

Malc

That's why that parking spot is always available. The locals know the score.

1 hour ago, GMB said:

yes, you are right, looking at the shoddy house repairs and construction quality, it has to be France.

Yup, you can pick prop up dirt cheap in France. It's the renov costs that are going to break your bank balance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links