Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

Oh no. Going to have to do cleany stuff now I am home.

Put out the call for a new full exhaust quote, just to reassure myself that this is indeed a money pit.

DSC_5538.JPG

IMG_20240426_154638.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bob King said:

What part of the exhaust is a problem ?

Entire system has lots of weld repairs. Would rather pre-empt a replacement than it to fail at MOT time and have me scrabbling around to repair/replace.

why not just get a pre MOT exhaust check to see what's likely to be the case .........  say end October a month before the MOT is due  !

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

why not just get a pre MOT exhaust check to see what's likely to be the case .........  say end October a month before the MOT is due  !

Malc

I believe they have changed the MOT rules in that if you get it done early and it now fails on anything you no longer get until the original expiry day to fix it. It has to be done straight away to be legally roadworthy.

• Like 1

then maybe take it to your local exhaust centre for a check on the ramp so you can look at it all with them …… even if they charge you a tenner it might be worth an unhappy surprise a few months hence 

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

May take the Lexus over to Switzerland in August.

Decided I did not take enough photos of her in Spain.

See if I can reach my mileage allowance on insurance!

• Like 1

Oh my, Switzerland by Lexus is just magical .........  it's a fantastic place to wile away some days in beautiful sunshine ........  around lakes and visiting far flung little known areas too ...........  maybe park-up and take the local train up to Zermatt ...........  and much else too ..... a lake trip at least

Envy you a tad ............ must get going this year somewhere egsziting too  😉

Malc

No point holding back.

115k miles on it. Extra few thousand miles is neither here nor there.

Get those cars out of their garages and on the road!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Get those cars out of their garages and on the road

My ISF is back in business / on the road starting today after SORN for winter.  Sailed through the MOT, Ridiculous £ 404 for 6 months road tax!!!?* £ 600 Insurance ( up from £475 ) . I am sure that the road tax went up by about £20 for no known reason since last week? Next job is run it to empty and put fresh Vpower in it.  Still starts instantly on the button and runs smooth as silk - lovely! I asked the MOT guy, while the car was on the ramp,  to check underneath for his opinion on rust and the possible need for some kind of treatment. His opinion was that it was fine as it is and only superficial rust on some components which were very robust and not affected by it. Therefore carry on just keeping it dry and away from salty roads whenever possible.🫠. Now it is ready for the Italian tune up and blow the cobwebs out of it - can't wait!😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Winter lasts until June 1st now?

That’s what the BBC weatherman said yesterday ……. did we see the same ? 
Malc 

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Winter lasts until June 1st now

Correct.  In the UK it seems to, certainly this year. It's only just stopped raining since September last year.

2 hours ago, GMB said:

Correct.  In the UK it seems to, certainly this year. It's only just stopped raining since September last year.

Still plenty of rain here in Kent yesterday …… BUT it’s all change today …. 1st June …… and the local Classic Car show tomorrow ……. Just thought, should I pop my 91 Ls400 into the fray ……. But not sure I want to be there all day let alone doing all the necessary prep to get her as pristine as I know I should 🤔

I’ll go visit for sure as taking prtnr to help out on the Cats Protection stand for a couple of hours ……… selling moggies ….. NO, I jest of course 🤔

Malc 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Washed and waxed and put in the loft.

Three to go.

Not as clean on the inside as Bobs though.

IMG_20240619_114442.jpg

IMG_20240619_115436.jpg

IMG_20240619_120157.jpg

I’ve refurbished two of mine as they had curb rash ☹️

colour match is very good 👍🏻

Three of the four are actually ok. Thinking to stash them in the loft until I need new tyres. Trip to Spain and future swiss trip will put a few miles on current rubber.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links