Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Test report on LBX

On 7/6/2024 at 12:07 PM, Tel said:

Where Is the Off Button please?

Tel

Vehicle settings - driver assistance - swipe - modify/adjust - choose first option in de list and scroll down for different settings like: how to increase speed, slow down at corners etc etc

My screen starts with CarPlay ----How do I get to Settings please?

Tried without the Phone but 90% of Info was missing.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

My screen starts with CarPlay ----How do I get to Settings please?

Tried without the Phone but 90% of Info was missing.

Tel

Go to the Lexus button. Then you get in the Lexus system, then go to the car symbol/icon (Vehicle settings)- drive assistance (first option in the list) - swipe - modify/adjust - choose first option in the list and scroll down for different settings like: how to increase speed, slow down at corners etc etc

I now know how to change screens to get to all my features.

My Dealer sent me a Video although .if CarPlay is your preferred choice, there are too many steps to reach your intended target without being stationary.

Tried the Dynamic CC again & have found that it not only applies the brakes on sharpish corners but turns slow corners too.

Thanks,Roy,for your help but not changing now.

Tel

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tel said:

I now know how to change screens to get to all my features.

My Dealer sent me a Video although .if CarPlay is your preferred choice, there are too many steps to reach your intended target without being stationary.

Exiting CarPlay should only add two extra touches - menu and Lexus button. 

Changing radio station & source obviously adds more along with return to CarPlay.

My Grandchildren would absolutely agree with you.

Tel

3 hours ago, Tel said:

Changing radio station & source obviously adds more along with return to CarPlay.

My Grandchildren would absolutely agree with you.

Tel

I would encourage you to try the Lexus voice recognition & commands. Means you don’t need to look at or tap anything, if you’re in CarPlay with audio there, it’ll happily accept e.g. “play Times Radio on DAB radio” or “play Heart UK on DAB radio”. 

I see Jeremy Clarkson has only given the LBX 3 stars and a very uncomplimentary (and in my opinion unfair) write-up in today's Sunday Times Road Test.  However that equates it to be a great car if he doesn't rate it! 😁

It’s obviously not his thing. It’s not for everyone but I think mine is a better car than my Corolla (which is one of the best new cars). If you want thrills then it’s not the car for you even though it corners well and is rock solid on the motorway. 

Jeremy Clarkson just do not get it. The idea of the LBX is to be small and agile. And still to be nice place to sit in. It is too small for him, but there are a lot of people who are not needing that much space. Like me.

I have two options on the table: Solterra or LBX AWD. The cost is the same. I think I will go to LBX, because Solterra is so big. And interior is just like any basic car. In LBX you have much better feeling inside. I had Yaris cross. It is a good car, but there is not at all that good feeling, which very nice interior gives to you.

• Like 1

JC is too big these days for most cars & has only ever raved about 2 Toyota Cars.

The LFA was said by him to be the Best Car in the World & the old,,battered Land Cruiser that he tried to kill off really impressed the so called TG Expert.

I am truly amazed he actually could fit in the Cockpit.

Tel

• Haha 1

I see JC also parroted the usual, lazy, journalist nonsense about the eCVT gearbox…

Having just driven a dozen cars from all sorts of manufacturers I can confirm that the eCVT is preferable to any of the dual clutch / DSG options as it isn’t hesitant and provides far smoother progress. 

Meanwhile, I always lusted after a Renault 5 Monaco…😇

The only thing in the review about which I’d agree with him is the 1.5 engine - which personally I found quite surprisingly noisy and a bit harsh (aware other reviews, especially What Car? don’t agree!) and of course the price. North of £40k for a top model is cynical I’m afraid when a similarly specified Volvo XC40 is £38k before (large) discounts…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

I see JC also parroted the usual, lazy, journalist nonsense about the eCVT gearbox…

Having just driven a dozen cars from all sorts of manufacturers I can confirm that the eCVT is preferable to any of the dual clutch / DSG options as it isn’t hesitant and provides far smoother progress. 

Meanwhile, I always lusted after a Renault 5 Monaco…😇

The only thing in the review about which I’d agree with him is the 1.5 engine - which personally I found quite surprisingly noisy and a bit harsh (aware other reviews, especially What Car? don’t agree!) and of course the price. North of £40k for a top model is cynical I’m afraid when a similarly specified Volvo XC40 is £38k before (large) discounts…

I certainly agree with your last sentence. At the time of buying mine, looking back I think I was taken in by salesman spin in that I thought I was getting the self parking "kit" My niavety but I would have thought that Ithe Premium Plus would have had front fog lights at least with the price involved. I'm still pleased with the car though and don't regret buying it,

Ed,

The engine is relatively refined & NVH is good when cruising c.75mph.

The Volvo you refer to has less toys & reliability is not good.

The LBX build is Impressive & the ride is good most of the time despite the potholed escarpment.

Tel

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links