Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Test report on LBX

My Car arrived @ the Dealers yesterday.

The Lexus Link App told me way before my Dealer that my Car had arrived whilst the ± App version told me nothing.

The Car Spec. on My Lexus & both Lexus Link Apps makes no reference to AWD which I do not understand.

Handover not yet finalised.

Tel

• Confused 1

Collect tomorrow.

Tyres are Yokohama .

Will see if my AWDi Badge will enhance my hatch as, imho , the top LBX is a rare model.

Tel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tel said:

... Will see if my AWDi Badge will enhance my hatch as, imho , the top LBX is a rare model.

Tel

I thought about getting one for my NX as other markets have the AWD badge, but I didn't want to risk my insurance classing it as a 'modification', slim I know, but may be worth checking?

I believe it is not an Issue because my car is a specific model that is stated on my Insurance Certificate .

Tel

44 minutes ago, Tel said:

I believe it is not an Issue because my car is a specific model that is stated on my Insurance Certificate .

Tel

It’s not about your car being AWD or not. It’s about LBX AWD cars not coming with a badge, and so by adding one, you’re technically modifying the vehicle.

You: “why did you crash into the back of my lovely new LBX?”

Other driver: “I was mesmerised by the AWD badge - never seen one on a Lexus”

Insurer: “we’re cancelling your cover because you had an undisclosed modification”

You’d then need to tick, for the rest of your life, that you’d had insurance cancelled- basically an insurance pariah. 

Chances are obviously low, but, it’s the risk you take. 

• Like 1

Handover Postponed due to Private Plate transfer error.

More sleepless nights.

Tel

We have been very fortunate in our time frame. Basically had yet another problem with our 2016 Audi A6 but this time it required a new DPF so finally had enough and got rid on the Sunday. German reliability is really dropping and costly to fix! So on the Monday test drove a Yaris Cross GR. Liked it but not impressed by the cabin. Tuesday saw a What Car review of the LBX (First time I’d seen one). Wednesday after several reviews and internet hunting later purchased a Premium Plus Design (black roof yellow body) over the phone from Lexus Cardiff. Friday morning spent 4 hrs on a train to Cardiff where I was picked up by the dealer and taken to collect the car. First time I’ve bought a car without having ever seen one in the flesh but with the Yaris test drive I knew it was only going to be better.

So my first drive was a 4 hour stint back home to the midlands. It’s our first Lexus and I’m very impressed. It is very well appointed and far superior to the Yaris as you would expect. Loving the “Hey Lexus” voice commands for example to control the windows or temperature (Hey Lexus, it’s too hot - turns the air con on!).

The car is for my wife and she thoroughly loves it. Had it just over a week now and no complaints. We do like to do a few weeks driving around Europe for holidays and might consider something a little bigger with a softer ride when we swap our other car.

I appreciate we were lucky to hear about the model on a Tuesday and pick a brand new one up on the Friday.

Must also say we have had excellent service from Lexus Cardiff.

• Like 2

Lovely Experience @ Lexus Derby yesterday.

My LBX was the first AWD they had sold.

Oozzes Class & is so refined.

My 2021 AVS equipped NX F- Sport was no better & the LBX Tech is eventually quite strait forward.

Auto apple CarPlay, displayed in the HUD as well as the Main Screen is great & the Rev Counter with large digital speed display is easy on the eye.

The MLS  DAB really Impreeses.

So Chuffed! (,32 miles to date on Derbyshire's Lunar surfaced roads)

Tel

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 7:01 AM, Clarkeymusic said:

We have been very fortunate in our time frame. Basically had yet another problem with our 2016 Audi A6 but this time it required a new DPF so finally had enough and got rid on the Sunday. German reliability is really dropping and costly to fix! So on the Monday test drove a Yaris Cross GR. Liked it but not impressed by the cabin. Tuesday saw a What Car review of the LBX (First time I’d seen one). Wednesday after several reviews and internet hunting later purchased a Premium Plus Design (black roof yellow body) over the phone from Lexus Cardiff. Friday morning spent 4 hrs on a train to Cardiff where I was picked up by the dealer and taken to collect the car. First time I’ve bought a car without having ever seen one in the flesh but with the Yaris test drive I knew it was only going to be better.

So my first drive was a 4 hour stint back home to the midlands. It’s our first Lexus and I’m very impressed. It is very well appointed and far superior to the Yaris as you would expect. Loving the “Hey Lexus” voice commands for example to control the windows or temperature (Hey Lexus, it’s too hot - turns the air con on!).

The car is for my wife and she thoroughly loves it. Had it just over a week now and no complaints. We do like to do a few weeks driving around Europe for holidays and might consider something a little bigger with a softer ride when we swap our other car.

I appreciate we were lucky to hear about the model on a Tuesday and pick a brand new one up on the Friday.

Must also say we have had excellent service from Lexus Cardiff.

Yes, I thinks that's a sensible approach if you're fortunate enough to have two cars.  In addition to our new LBX Takumi, we also bought a 2024 NX Premium + with panoramic roof for longer journeys or when we need to cart stuff around, like the dog or luggage etc.  Delighted with both cars!  Thanks for the reminder about 'Hey Lexus' - we haven't tried that yet!

• Like 2

Tyres were C. 4 psig higher than required.

All my Lexus cars have been over inflated @ Hand Over & Toyota were no better.

Tel

8 hours ago, Tel said:

Lovely Experience @ Lexus Derby yesterday.

My LBX was the first AWD they had sold.

Oozzes Class & is so refined.

My 2021 AVS equipped NX F- Sport was no better & the LBX Tech is eventually quite strait forward.

Auto Apple CarPlay, displayed in the HUD as well as the Main Screen is great & the Rev Counter with large digital speed display is easy on the eye.

The MLS  DAB really Impreeses.

So Chuffed! (,32 miles to date on Derbyshire's Lunar surfaced roads)

Tel

Happy motoring Terry. Look forward to you posting some pics!

Dynamic Cruise Control

On all previous cars said system controls distance to the vehicle in front but when the LBX System is set it also slows for corners which surprised me initially.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Dynamic Cruise Control

On all previous cars said system controls distance to the vehicle in front but when the LBX System is set it also slows for corners which surprised me initially.

Tel

Correct. And you can use different settings how much it slows down (or turn this setting complete off) 

I followed a 24 plate one this afternoon …… white with those silvery badges, the hatchback look takes me back to Hillman Imp styling days 🤣

Looked incredibly unimpressive  I’m afraid …… tiny 4door with the hatchback/boot whatever 

The wheels seemed huge….. are they ? 

If you own one then ENJOY …… just not for me eh ! 
ENJOY 

Malc 

On 7/5/2024 at 11:27 AM, Tel said:

As promisedimage.thumb.jpeg.14760bd7f283b7f0dd5f8802119cf98b.jpeg

Looks great! More appearing on the road now and I think they simply look fab. Happy motoring.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Malc1 said:

tiny 4door with the hatchback/boot whatever 

Wonderful news - that’s exactly the brief the designers were given. Glad they delivered. 

• Like 4

I was just driving home from the Walmer Classic Car show where my brain had been infused with wondrous styling over many decades …… including seeing a lone R reg Ls400 , buses, a fire engine too ,,,,,,, the new Lexus LBX seemed “ novel” to me ……. 

I just expect Lexii to be rather more “ meaty “ looking cars 

Are the wheels big sized or is that just an illusion ? 

Malc 

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

I was just driving home from the Walmer Classic Car show where my brain had been infused with wondrous styling over many decades …… including seeing a lone R reg Ls400 , buses, a fire engine too ,,,,,,, the new Lexus LBX seemed “ novel” to me ……. 

I just expect Lexii to be rather more “ meaty “ looking cars 

Are the wheels big sized or is that just an illusion ? 

Malc 

Wheels are 17” (lowest two trims) or 18” (majority of the LBX range). 18” is same size as NX starts on, but, LBX wheel sizes comparable with similar Yaris Cross (16”, 17”, 18” depending on grade). Mini cars have 17” and 18” options. 

So I’d say illusion - they are big but so are most other cars! 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2024 at 7:50 PM, Ken R said:

Looks great! More appearing on the road now and I think they simply look fab. Happy motoring.

Well done, looks super stunning in that colour - enjoy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links