Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Area of condensation at very base of rear window IS300H FSPO

Seem to have an area of condensation at base of rear window which never goes . This morning it was actually frozen internally along this strip of condensation. Just at base of rear window . Car is dry internally . 

Anyone experience this on their IS300H? 

Couple of previous threads are out there on how to seal cracked weld seams along the centre of the boot lid (behind the lights and camera mouldings) and putting a 1kg bag of silica on the rear parcel shelf. To be honest I have done both of these that have improved the situation considerably for me, but as per Paul not completely eliminated the slight bit you get either side of the centre brakelight moulding on very cold mornings.

• Thanks 1

I had this problem. Turned out to be a failed bond on the rear screen. Ask a garage to spray soapy water all around the edges and then go around the inside with an air hose. Anywhere that bubbles up will be a gap in the seal/bond. A good windscreen fitter should be able to remove and refit the screen without it breaking, but there is a slim chance of it breaking if there is any weakness in the glass. If it does, you can’t claim on your windscreen policy, so would have to fork out for a new screen 😬. Alternatively, just leave a copy of Harry & Megan’s book on the parcel shelf and wait for someone to put a brick through the rear screen; then claim on your windscreen policy as vandalism would be insured 👍

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links