Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

Camel... I was thinking more digestive biscuit 😉

too light for that  ....  more like a Rich T   colour shade 

Malc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob King said:

This SC430 looks very clean and tidy, be interested to see what it makes at the end of the auction .    

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5537/lot/732276?returnUrl=%2ftimed-sale%2f5537

Yes, price will be interesting, but I wouldn't exactly call it clean. Probably the interior is the cleanest bit. Besides the explicitly shown bubbling it's got more than it's share of chips and then some additional paint loss round the rear O/S wheel arch. Definitely some body tidying to be done. Brakes/callipers don't exactly fill me with joy. This is not a car that has been cherished I can see that by what they have not  bothered to do. Still at the right price it will be a decent buy for someone. Not me, I don't like that choice of wheel for that car and the leather colour doesn't quite live up to the Ecru does it?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Yes, price will be interesting, but I wouldn't exactly call it clean. Probably the interior is the cleanest bit. Besides the explicitly shown bubbling it's got more than it's share of chips and then some additional paint loss round the rear O/S wheel arch. Definitely some body tidying to be done. Brakes/callipers don't exactly fill me with joy. This is not a car that has been cherished I can see that by what they have not  bothered to do. Still at the right price it will be a decent buy for someone. Not me, I don't like that choice of wheel for that car and the leather colour doesn't quite live up to the Ecru does it?.

I alway think the make of tyres on a car says something about the owner.

• Like 3

Has anyone bought one of those Auto-Vox W-7 reversing camera kits as featured on this car? Looks interesting, though I wouldn't want another screen on my dash or windscreen! I wonder if it could go behind the flap for the nav screen?

On 7/3/2024 at 2:33 PM, Boomer54 said:

You would be surprised how often the SC 430 has popped up on film.

I am currently rewatching 24 series 5. Just saw a lovely red SC in a couple of scenes. 

55 minutes ago, microgerry said:

Has anyone bought one of those Auto-Vox W-7 reversing camera kits as featured on this car? Looks interesting, though I wouldn't want another screen on my dash or windscreen! I wonder if it could go behind the flap for the nav screen?

I have a Wolf box mirror dashcam with front and rear cameras.  It reflects the sun badly with the top down if it is sunny and is a bit close to your eyes. Apart from that it OK. Just a bit bigger that the existing rear view mirror. 

58 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I send my wife to stand behind the car and tell me if I am close to something.

I can certainly feel one, or two jokes trying to get out.

On 9/10/2024 at 2:11 PM, Boomer54 said:

Stands at £3700 with a few hours to go.

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Stands at £3700 with a few hours to go.

That’s disappointingly low with a few hours to go , can’t see it making another 6k ☹️

…I say that now £5500 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Remember nowt is recession proof. Especially old cars 🤔

Malc 

Perhaps, but recessions come and go. It is their nature being cyclical. However, in the long run old cars with rarity value will hedge against inflation in the same way many tangible assets will. I will leave it there, but if you have any interest in knowing why I could post up a short summation on the nature of fiat currency to explain it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links