Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

That’s one I ordered, I believe, and they quoted 3-4 weeks delivery, then said out of stock and cancelled. 

3 hours ago, Gedwood said:

Take up chewing gum, that should have said... darned autocorrect.

Aha chewing gum ……… fixed a challenging pinhole leak in a stainless kitchen sink some 30 years back ……. Worked a treat and still so when we sold the house 4 years later …….

Now then, which brand was it ???🤔🤔😂

Malc 

On 8/16/2024 at 7:34 AM, Boomer54 said:

Marketplace – 2003 Lexus SC430 4.3 V8 CONVERTIBLE AUTO COUPE. VERY LOW MILEAGE, STUNNING CONDITION, MOT APRIL 2025... | Facebook

Might be need to take extra long look at exhaust and suspension. Lack of service history will not help so inspection needs to be extra rigorous. However, on the face of it and with 45k mileage at circa £6k it's got to be worth a look. With that mileage you just might have a 'forever' car.

This is the same guy who sold the grey one. Close to me. That was bought by a guy from France.

This one is now sold.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

This should be interesting if only for the level of blarney used to sell it.

2002 Red Lexus SC 4.3 430 2dr for sale for £12,995 in Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire (autotrader.co.uk)

and it's been  Main Dealer   " ozone disinfected "  ............... eat your hearts out Climate Change Activists 🤣😂

Malc

I beg to differ the sat/nav is power ! It’s limp at best for sure 😮

I set it for home on a previous SC430 , while having my Tomtom with me as well. The in dash system wanted to take me on a wild and weird journey .

Youngest DVD disc that can be added now is a 2017/18, so still going to well out of touch with new road networks .

Our mobile phones surely  usually have brilliant “ map “ systems ….. waze, Google whatever and always uptodate thankfully …… BUT as ever dependant on Wi-Fi signal of sorts 🤔

Malc 

Ok, I'm up and running again. New expansion tank arrived today and I had it fitted within the hour.

It's running like a dream (hope that's not putting the mockers on it!), so I am attempting to get it up on Autotrader next week... Maybe sensible offers around £4400 for a quick sale?  A couple of minor jobs to complete, which in no way affects the running, and all cheap to do. It's a good sound base for the next custodian.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 3:33 PM, Boomer54 said:

2002 Red Lexus SC 4.3 430 2dr for sale for £12,995 in Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire (autotrader.co.uk)

Pics are now up. Interestingly another with similar mileage has just appeared for the same price. One a 2005 plate and one 2002. Let the action begin.

On 8/29/2024 at 3:33 PM, Boomer54 said:

Very selective set of photo’s, no close ups of the leather on front seats, centre arm rest or door cards, all areas I would want to see before going to view.

Seatbelts look very dirty and need deep cleaning . Wheels should have been refurbished in the original silver…so vehicle looks more genuine.

Sadly someone will buy it because it’s a main dealer…and they sell the best genuine cars 🤔🤔😮apparently !

When I said I was up n running… scrap that! I’ve just noticed threads showing on part of the serpentine belt 😞 b*gg*r. I can’t sell it like that. I’ll have to reflect the cost in sale price. Grrr 

• Sad 1

This car looks absolutely outstanding, must of have a high quality detailed valet. Even the seats have just the right amount of Matt finish to the leather .

Clearly priced well over the top for a pre-facelift model….yet if someone loves Red they might not be able to resist 😎

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408303464276

2 hours ago, Bob King said:

This car looks absolutely outstanding, must of have a high quality detailed valet. Even the seats have just the right amount of Matt finish to the leather .

Clearly priced well over the top for a pre-facelift model….yet if someone loves Red they might not be able to resist 😎

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408303464276

I have noticed under the right lighting paintwork looks absolutely amazing especially when it in a detailing shop with the overhead honeycomb lighting. In normal daylight it never looks as good. Same with a diamond ring or nice watch in a jeweller’s shop.  It’s all about making something look attractive to sell or eat when it is food. I always look for water on the ground when you see a really shiny car advertised giving it a false wet look shine.

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

Badges have been off or it’s had paintwork "SC430" !

IMG_7506.jpeg

My guess is it's been repainted and rebadged to be different.

22 hours ago, Niskus said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408303458779

Okay it’s the generation previous so it’s a grey import. Still, looks like a lovely toy for someone at just 5 grand.

V8 Soarer, does look a very tidy example ..and had a few quid spent on it at Lexus 😮

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links