Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

Yes I noticed the significant delivery time difference and thought that’s why you ordered the more expensive one. Just hope Amayama can now complete the order (I’ve had stuff cancelled by them before!) or it could be a Christmas sale!
Having said that Christmas Day could be a roof down cloudless blue sunny skies with a temperature of minus 12. 😀

I expect with the time difference, they will update me in the morning. I hope it's not going to be a 'Mr Redface' moment to go cap in hand and reorder the cancelled one. 

This car is a beautiful colour ..not sure the owner will get the price for the mileage but he can only ask.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408112780222

Suspect it’s had an aftermarket radiator fitted as it’s needed extra plumbing for the expansion tank .

3 minutes ago, Bob King said:

This car is a beautiful colour ..not sure the owner will get the price for the mileage but he can only ask.

Suspect it’s had an aftermarket radiator fitted as it has a rad cap on it,(original factory rads don’t have them ), then he’s had to do some extra plumbing for the expansion tank.

the write-up says  cambelt and new radiator ........... but the price looks a little challenging 

Malc

4 hours ago, Bob King said:

Suspect it’s had an aftermarket radiator fitted as it’s needed extra plumbing for the expansion tank .

Yes, saw it this morning and thought same thing as you. Too much mileage for that price no matter what the car is like in terms of condition. Guys clearly been to Bob's school for engine detailing 😁

• Haha 1

Difficult to find fault with this car other than the price .

That over used wording with car dealers "full service history",  they say it has 10 stamps in the book yet it’s a 16 year old car .

Yes it’s only done 27k so maybe serviced every other year or so 🤔    

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408142898209

Steep, but I get it.

2008 Blue Lexus SC 4.3 430 2dr for sale for £17,950 in Croydon, London (autotrader.co.uk)

Lot of good stuff, and some minor visuals that are not so good.

1. Is there something going on with the alloys, or is it my eyesight?

2.Lost it's carpet holders in the passenger well.

3. For such a low mileage car the back seats are surprisingly wrinkled. Got to be something other than usage. Moisture?

4. Could do with a couple of hrs work under the bonnet to help justify that price tag.

2 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Difficult to find fault with this car other than the price .

That over used wording with car dealers "full service history",  they say it has 10 stamps in the book yet it’s a 16 year old car .

Yes it’s only done 27k so maybe serviced every other year or so 🤔    

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202408142898209

We must have been looking at this at the same time. Yes, they might have taken bit of liberty with service descriptions, but I though on such a low mileage car they probably just stretched the service intervals especially after warranty expires.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Steep, but I get it.

2008 Blue Lexus SC 4.3 430 2dr for sale for £17,950 in Croydon, London (autotrader.co.uk)

Lot of good stuff, and some minor visuals that are not so good.

1. Is there something going on with the alloys, or is it my eyesight?

2.Lost it's carpet holders in the passenger well.

3. For such a low mileage car the back seats are surprisingly wrinkled. Got to be something other than usage. Moisture?

4. Could do with a couple of hrs work under the bonnet to help justify that price tag.

The trim around the screen roof latches have been off and badly refitted , possible screen replacement or tracking down water leaks .

That dealer does love his silver spray paint, all over the calipers and discs ,also inside the  tailpipes  !

I bought my SC430 from Elite Motor Company Croydon in April. 

I’d just say be wary with them. My car was cheap (£5995 for a facelift 2005 with high mileage) and I was promised replacement boot structs ‘in the post’ as the ones on my car where knackered. Of course they never arrived, and they stopped responding to my calls, emails and texts.

It might be a good car, but go in expecting no come back for anything that goes wrong. Just my opinion of them. 

niskus Angus ……. send them a “ Pre Court Action “ letter for your claim in £££££   I think the CAB have the template as a freebie ……  that might jolt them into action ……. failing which, issue a Court Claim which they can’t ignore without a ( long winded ) winding up process 

Good luck

Malc 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Niskus said:

I bought my SC430 from Elite Motor Company Croydon in April. 

I’d just say be wary with them. My car was cheap (£5995 for a facelift 2005 with high mileage) and I was promised replacement boot structs ‘in the post’ as the ones on my car where knackered. Of course they never arrived, and they stopped responding to my calls, emails and texts.

It might be a good car, but go in expecting no come back for anything that goes wrong. Just my opinion of them. 

They had a red one for sale late last year when I was looking , I looked at all their feedback and basically….once you’ve bought a car from them you never hear from them again …so steered clear of them !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

niskus Angus ……. send them a “ Pre Court Action “ letter for your claim in £££££   I think the CAB have the template as a freebie ……  that might jolt them into action ……. failing which, issue a Court Claim which they can’t ignore without a ( long winded ) winding up process 

Good luck

Malc 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/Problems-with-goods---letter-before-court-action/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Good luck

Malc 

Problem is if, as i suspect, that was all 'verbal', then you probably don't have much chance of success with the above approach.  In my experience, IF you have an agreement then make sure it is all in writing. Even Stuart who I bought from will tell you that there are emails for our transaction giving written information about approx 15 different parts of the car. If I bought from a dealer and I had issues that they made 'promises' against then believe they won't see a penny until they put those undertakings in writing.

Trust is 'lovely' thing and has no part of a business contract as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

Angus a thought 

Even if your letter is likely to fail the “ Test “. send it anyway but in a Recorded Letter Post with envelope annotation boldly and clearly that it’s “ Prior to Court Action “ 

Malc 

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I did actually get ‘boot struts to follow’ in the invoice hand written by the sales man so I probably have something to stand on. I eventually got official ones from Lex-Tek and they weren’t cheap (£185 for the pair, 3rd party ones would have been cheaper). I might send the bill on to Elite Motors with a letter. Thanks for the advice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Niskus said:

Thanks guys, I did actually get ‘boot struts to follow’ in the invoice hand written by the sales man so I probably have something to stand on. I eventually got official ones from Lex-Tek and they weren’t cheap (£185 for the pair, 3rd party ones would have been cheaper). I might send the bill on to Elite Motors with a letter. Thanks for the advice. 

Wow, I bought 3rd party ones and they were about £15. Nearly 3 years on they are still fine.

• Like 1

Marketplace – 2003 Lexus SC430 4.3 V8 CONVERTIBLE AUTO COUPE. VERY LOW MILEAGE, STUNNING CONDITION, MOT APRIL 2025... | Facebook

Might be need to take extra long look at exhaust and suspension. Lack of service history will not help so inspection needs to be extra rigorous. However, on the face of it and with 45k mileage at circa £6k it's got to be worth a look. With that mileage you just might have a 'forever' car.

Agree..looks a very tidy and original example but with several mentions of corrosion in previous mot inspections, a detailed look and poke about underneath in required .

I visited elite before I found my RX450h. They quoted 20+ in stock, but only had about 10 on show, all of which appeared to have something about them that made me wary. I also read the reviews, and decided to steer clear.

However, I'm here to update you on mine (as I kid myself that anyone is interested) SC rad reservoir. Cancelled the £153 one, ordered £107 one (still from Japan), 3-4 weeks delivery... a week in, they said no stock and 10-30 days delay, with the option to cancel.   What choice do I have? I thought... let in ride, however my ad to sell is delayed.... That's life, and I'll just have to drive it instead 🙂One week in from that and THEY cancelled and refunded my money ! B*gg*r!    Now what do I do? - Take up checking gum, until I have enough to seal all the way around the seam?

Is anyone a plastics expert that can tell me what type of plastic it is? and if something like plastic padding, or araldite would cure the seam leak?

Maybe I'll just add in that page 20 and go for the sympathy sale? 

53 minutes ago, Gedwood said:

I visited elite before I found my RX450h. They quoted 20+ in stock, but only had about 10 on show, all of which appeared to have something about them that made me wary. I also read the reviews, and decided to steer clear.

However, I'm here to update you on mine (as I kid myself that anyone is interested) SC rad reservoir. Cancelled the £153 one, ordered £107 one (still from Japan), 3-4 weeks delivery... a week in, they said no stock and 10-30 days delay, with the option to cancel.   What choice do I have? I thought... let in ride, however my ad to sell is delayed.... That's life, and I'll just have to drive it instead 🙂One week in from that and THEY cancelled and refunded my money ! B*gg*r!    Now what do I do? - Take up checking gum, until I have enough to seal all the way around the seam?

Is anyone a plastics expert that can tell me what type of plastic it is? and if something like plastic padding, or araldite would cure the seam leak?

Maybe I'll just add in that page 20 and go for the sympathy sale? 

eBay option from Japan….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204438345622

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links