Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

47 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

You are certainly right that white is not the original colour. Whether it is a respray ,or a wrap I am not sure. However, the silver origin is clearly shown in the under bonnet pic without a doubt.

In any case, much as I like Ecru leather it really is not a good match for a White car. Black would be better.

Indeed, 3k would buy Egyptian Sand and Tan albeit with a few more miles on the clock.

I can never really see the point of wrapping a car in that if it gets scratched or damaged it will need replacing and they are quoted as only lasting 5 years. However thinking about it apart from Lexus owners who keeps their car for more than 4 years on average.

1 minute ago, Mossypossy said:

Just accept a few scratches and dings. People are so ocd about paintwork don't you think?

YES 

Malc 

19 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Just accept a few scratches and dings. People are so ocd about paintwork don't you think?

Thats me. Can’t help it.  Just like shiny things.

28 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

When you getting yours painted 😉

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Seriously though. If you have an immaculate car will you not be reticent to take it on a long journey?

No. I take cleaning materials with me (sic).

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Seriously though. If you have an immaculate car will you not be reticent to take it on a long journey?

I guess my car fits that category especially considering its low mileage. However I bought it for my pleasure and wouldn’t hesitate to drive it round Europe. The question now more at my age is do I want to drive round Europe. My mind says yes but my body and wife are not so sure. The easy option would be to just use the RX if that were the case. I do admire the adventures you are having with yours though.

Perhaps one day!

50 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I guess my car fits that category especially considering its low mileage. However I bought it for my pleasure and wouldn’t hesitate to drive it round Europe. The question now more at my age is do I want to drive round Europe. My mind says yes but my body and wife are not so sure. The easy option would be to just use the RX if that were the case. I do admire the adventures you are having with yours though.

Perhaps one day!

If you’re thinking to tour Europe again then do it NOW ……. I know it will only get much tougher physically as older age and the years catch up ( with us ) 

Mind overthinks what the body can and cannot physically do ……. so get on and do it before it becomes simply impossible 

Money and time we have, brain power oozes YES YES YES but physical reality eventually kicks in …… so, get out there and just “ do it “ 

Malc 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Malc1 said:

If you’re thinking to tour Europe again then do it NOW ……. I know it will only get much tougher physically as older age and the years catch up ( with us ) 

Mind overthinks what the body can and cannot physically do ……. so get on and do it before it becomes simply impossible 

Money and time we have, brain power oozes YES YES YES but physical reality eventually kicks in …… so, get out there and just “ do it “ 

Malc 

Wise words Malc. All part of that 'live in the here and now' which becomes more and more rational the older you get as let's face it the window of future opportunity is closing for business.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Am I the youngster with one of these at 61?

Chronologically yes, but we others are Triathletes. Our events are drinking too much, eating too much, and I can't seem to remember the other too much.

🫣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

When I was 61,  I was fit as a fiddle almost and would do and did anything so yes you are. I was driving every year to Italy then. Last time was in 2018 but it surprising what 6 years how your body changes. 73 now with a bad back and waiting for a knee replacement. I still count myself fortunate though as nothing life threatening going on.  So yes do everything you can do now while you still can.

• Like 2

61  ........  a mere strip of a lad methinks  ...........  go conquer the world, again and again if you can 😉

Malc

17 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

So yes do everything you can do now while you still can.

Watched a YouTube clip where some 85 plus retired people said that they wished they had spent more money when they first retired. It is not wise to live for just today but don't hang on too long either - you may not be fit enough to enjoy it!

• Like 1

Or better still to spend lots ££££££££ on your travelling as soon as you can ……. if you can ……. the day might come soon enough whatever your age when you physically can’t AND knowing without a doubt that the older and more knackered and inept one gets the less likely one is to want to chase around the world …….. Lexus or nay. 😂🤣🤔

Malc 

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

I’m only a year ahead of you 😉

Doing my bit.

4+ months  out of the country this year is the plan.

2 in the Lexus and another stint in the (old and creaky) motorhome for October. South from Calais and see how long we can stay warm before Bonfire Night.

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Watched a YouTube clip where some 85 plus retired people said that they wished they had spent more money when they first retired. It is not wise to live for just today but don't hang on too long either - you may not be fit enough to enjoy it!

I crunched the numbers and worked out I would run out of funds in 996 years 3 weeks and four days.......if I doubled my expenditure. On the strength of that I told the wife to stop cleaning the windows and hire a window cleaner.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Window cleaner!

Never.

I’m hiring Howard from Last of the Summer Wine to clean mine …….. he knows how to polish proper 🤔

Malc 

28 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I’m hiring Howard from Last of the Summer Wine to clean mine …….. he knows how to polish proper 🤔

Malc 

My window cleaning days came to an abrupt halt the moment I woke up in A&E. I wish I could have claimed cat like refexes resulted in me landing on my feet. The reconstructed cheek and eye socket claim otherwise.

• Sad 3

I get dizzy climbing on a dining room chair BUT our window cleaner never climbs anything ......  it's all done using a long extending water jetted brush these days ........... that seems to work ok !

BUT Howard actually polishes into the corners of the windows and Pearl makes sure he's very thorough 😉

Oh to live in Yorkshire 

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links