Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

I'm confused as to how advertisers of the SC quote ULEZ. What's that supposed to imply? because mine certainly isn't compliant in Bristol zone, costs £9/ day. 

10 minutes ago, Gedwood said:

I think they are, or early 924. The green one, I wouldn't want at any price on Cat D.

What’ve the worst Cat D could be and still be ok for MOT and road worthiness ? 

I remember my Cat N was simply a lightly skwashed rear door ! 
Malc 

6 minutes ago, Gedwood said:

I'm confused as to how advertisers of the SC quote ULEZ. What's that supposed to imply? because mine certainly isn't compliant in Bristol zone, costs £9/ day. 

Do different cities in the UK operate different LEZ criteria limits I wonder ? 
Malc 

11 minutes ago, Gedwood said:

Would guess as it’s a London area car, they are only included the London ULEZ . Bit short sighted of them .

IMG_7237.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Do different cities in the UK operate different LEZ criteria limits I wonder ? 
Malc 

If they do it is certainly vehicular discrimination. Indeed, if this was a formula 1 car it would be racist. Boom boom.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

What’ve the worst Cat D could be and still be ok for MOT and road worthiness ? 

I remember my Cat N was simply a lightly skwashed rear door ! 
Malc 

Thing is thinking this through. Given the criteria for a Cat D and given the age/value of the car just about any ding is going to qualify as Cat D. Bit meaningless without some idea of what the issue was. Given I suspect this has been in the same ownership for may be 7 plus years it may be possible to find out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Are they not Golf GTI wheels?

Similar but not the same wheel 👍🏻

IMG_7238.jpeg

IMG_7239.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob King said:

Would guess as it’s a London area car, they are only included the London ULEZ . Bit short sighted of them .

IMG_7237.jpeg

That was a surprise to me - I'm ULEZ compliant in London (still have to pay congestion zone charges though, but NOT free in Birmingham or Bristol. They're grabbing bees.

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 19.22.47.png

• Like 1

Well the vendor did not reply to my email questions, but he did change the the advert to state one answer "no idea what cosmetic damage it has had". So, cat D will remain a mystery.

46 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

So, cat D will remain a mystery.

until someone from here pops along to have a wee check ............ might be simply like my zapp all that time back, a small squash on a rear door ..........  and repair accetable of course 

The seller is asking silly money for the car really .......  someone ( who wants it )  " Be Brave "

Malc

Possibly had rear damage as all the smaller badges are missing from the boot lid.

Also noticed the rear deck has the 1/4 flaps missing ☹️

IMG_7242.jpeg

• Like 1

Do we think the factory finish on the Sc Black leather is Matt, or Satin?

To recolour the Black would we need to do a lexus Black dye match, or would any Black dye likely work?

Anybody already done this work with Black leather?

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Do we think the factory finish on the Sc Black leather is Matt, or Satin?

To recolour the Black would we need to do a lexus Black dye match, or would any Black dye likely work?

Anybody already done this work with Black leather?

I’ve used this company ….

https://gliptoneeurope.com/

give them the leather trim code and they can match it up 👍🏻

SC black leather I believe named HELMSDALE code LA20

check your trim colour here …👍🏻

IMG_7248.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bob King said:

I’ve used this company ….

https://gliptoneeurope.com/

give them the leather trim code and they can match it up 👍🏻

SC black leather I believe named HELMSDALE code LA20

check your trim colour here …👍🏻

IMG_7248.jpeg

Thanks a lot Bob.

17 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Someone has bought it...

Let’s hope it’s gone to a good home and not been flipped by another dealer for profit !

3 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Let’s hope it’s gone to a good home and not been flipped by another dealer for profit !

LA 20 it is. Great stuff. I really want to get this right. The seats are progressing really well. 5 hrs in and there is no sign left of glossy finish that was on the leather. My 1200 grit paper arrived today and I already have the flexi filler so just need a dry day to move along, but now I can order up the recolourant knowing I have a match which was concerning me a bit.

Much as I liked that Green if I am honest there is a car in Carmathen (is that how it's spelled?). Gold/bronze matched with tan leather. Hell of a combination actually. Bit more money ,but not much more.

Just called Gliptone. Talk about helpful ! Got right through to their leather technician. Advised me everything from start to finish. Even offered to make a specific match if I wanted to let him have an headrest to work with. Got to say that is first class customer service.

• Like 1

Just reread this advert, it’s had a white wrap on the paintwork…would anyone pay the 15k asking price, not knowing if the origin paint could have defectives (if you wanted to remove it)😮

Looking at the door shuts the car was originally Siver.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202406140763885

16 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Just reread this advert, it’s had a white wrap on the paintwork…would anyone pay the 15k asking price, not knowing if the origin paint could have defectives (if you wanted to remove it)😮

Looking at the door shuts the car was originally Siver.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202406140763885

You are certainly right that white is not the original colour. Whether it is a respray ,or a wrap I am not sure. However, the silver origin is clearly shown in the under bonnet pic without a doubt.

In any case, much as I like Ecru leather it really is not a good match for a White car. Black would be better.

Indeed, 3k would buy Egyptian Sand and Tan albeit with a few more miles on the clock.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links