Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Issue with the Bentley

I’ve thought for many years  to buy a Bentley ….. the older models look more my style …… my bank account would never cope with the maintenance drain and my nerves neither …… I’d be a wreck worrying about it ……. a Lexus is easy peasy by comparison AND all one could wish for in  comfort, reliability whatever 

Indeed Prince Rainier had a magnificent bespoke Lexus I believe…… wonder what happened to  that car  …… still in his garages maybe 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

Maybe it’s a family tradition.  Like this one - handed over to his son, Prince Albert, on 13 March 2018, apparently?

Well there is a Royal Motor Museum in Monaco, so perhaps it’s there?

Unless he’s px’d it because of the increased insurance rate!

https://twitter.com/Lexus_EU/status/973603607936425985/photo/1

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 6:03 AM, Malc1 said:

I’ve thought for many years  to buy a Bentley ….. the older models look more my style …… my bank account would never cope with the maintenance drain and my nerves neither …… I’d be a wreck worrying about it ……. a Lexus is easy peasy by comparison AND all one could wish for in  comfort, reliability whatever 

Indeed Prince Rainier had a magnificent bespoke Lexus I believe…… wonder what happened to  that car  …… still in his garages maybe 🤔

Malc 

Yes Malc,

Owning a Lexus and going to Bentley is not a good move.

Just when you think you have the car perfect, something goes wrong and it's then a headache getting the part and then time for the garage, each bill is minimum of £500plus.

The only good bit is the interior which you can admire just sitting and not driving the car!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Maybe it’s a family tradition.  Like this one - handed over to his son, Prince Albert, on 13 March 2018, apparently?

Well there is a Royal Motor Museum in Monaco, so perhaps it’s there?

Unless he’s px’d it because of the increased insurance rate!

https://twitter.com/Lexus_EU/status/973603607936425985/photo/1

Yes I remember he had the Lexus Landaulette special car ….. there’s a post here somewhere about that I believe  🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2024 at 6:29 PM, Newbie777 said:

Yes Malc,

Owning a Lexus and going to Bentley is not a good move.

Just when you think you have the car perfect, something goes wrong and it's then a headache getting the part and then time for the garage, each bill is minimum of £500plus.

The only good bit is the interior which you can admire just sitting and not driving the car!!

Newbie did you get this problem sorted as just happened to mine. 

Where was the chap located in London who repairs the unit as cannot find any info.. Be great if you could let me know x

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 1:18 AM, Annemarie said:

Newbie did you get this problem sorted as just happened to mine. 

Where was the chap located in London who repairs the unit as cannot find any info.. Be great if you could let me know 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

its this one.

https://caratduchatelet.com/lexus-landaulet/

WOW WOW WOW ........  YES IT IS, wot A CAR   ................  the conversion took 2000 hours to complete it says .................... at Lexus UK labour rates ( which of course it isn't )  then that's going to be about  £350,000 plus vat of course 

I'll have one ......  2nd time around the costs might be slightly less of course   ......... an amazing £ half a million limo  😇

Wot  Car eh !

Malc

On 6/13/2024 at 10:20 AM, Malc1 said:

Lexus and Monaco go way back. Click below link and you will see some background pics. It is His Serene Highness aka Head of the Tax Office aka The Ultimate Wife Cheater picking up his new car.

https://fr.motor1.com/news/236070/prince-albert-de-monaco-ls-500h/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Lexus and Monaco go way back. Click below link and you will see some background pics. It is His Serene Highness aka Head of the Tax Office aka The Ultimate Wife Cheater picking up his new car.

https://fr.motor1.com/news/236070/prince-albert-de-monaco-ls-500h/

(cough) probably liked the large back seats . 😉  Footprints on the headliner is the give away.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2024 at 9:38 PM, Annemarie said:

Sorry for the delay, my phone went for repair and I  lost most of stuff when I got it back. 

No, I did not get it resolved, as I sold the Bentley 3 weeks a go and now have a Merc E class convertible. 

However, I did hook it up the vag com and even though there was no lights on dash, went to the engine section and tried to turn the key to the left and right a few timesan then got the faults, including the steering wheel fault and hey presto got them clear and it started. 

After starting the car over 20 times I  did not get the issue again, however, this is short term solution and I know if I kept the Bentley it would happen again. 

Here is the number  +447903777584

Good luck

Niaz

Niaz well done getting your phone back AND the Bentley passed over ……. never to be seen again ( hopefully ) 

The Merc will be admirably trouble free and ideal companion to your Lexus 

Good Luck…… going forward 

Malc 

In the decade I owned a total of 3 Bentley Cars the over riding opinion that I kept coming across of Bentley owners and enthusiasts  on which car they would like to own if money was no object but specifically from the older models was without doubt the Bentley Continental R  Le Mans edition of 2001.   These cars still command sale values of £130.000  if and when they pop up.    I owned the Bentley Arnage Le Mans model built in the same year of 2001 and yet these only command £25-30K on average but are still rare. This is a photo of my Arnage Le Mans taken at the Rolls and Bentley northern rally at Harewood House near Harrogate in 2010.    Great days for sure but Lexus has proved to be the most reliable cars I've owned since.   

image.thumb.jpeg.27346c14e19a446e8927d78183cdd725.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5f128c632631da6febaf320e3e96f01c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.11cf45f52b906464f82f579f332f5038.jpeg

• Like 2

Steve your cars look “ delicious “

At the Walmer Deal Classic Car Show last Saturday there were several aged Bentley and RRs for private sale ……. not one my favoured S3 style 1965ish  

All much later thankfully, otherwise I’d have been popping to the ATM to go get one to take home with me …….. it’s terrible I think every car I want to buy and cosset will behave as trouble free as a Ls400 🤣

my neighbours Bentley will do for me to look out on ….. M reg  1994 ? Looks very smart too 

Malc 

Sunday, tomorrow at Great Comp,Platt, Sevenoaks way there’s an open day with Rolls Royce and Bentleys converging ……. We’re hoping to go, weather looks to be ok thankfully ……,, an old 1965 S3  Bentley I’ll be seeking out …… so rare to see these days 

Had to pop into my local Indy garage today to sort out a very complex pax side wiper blade replacement on the Honda Legend …….. mentioned my “ dream “  of a Bentley S3 and he was aghast …… breakdowns and costs would create huge issues ……. just keep with the Ls400s for sanity and peace of mind his thoughts 

So I shall I’m sure 🤩🤞

Malc 

Thought I’d report back ……. Maybe 20 or so booootiful cars dating back nigh on 100 years to a year 2000 RR …… very proud caring owners BUT there was a N reg 95 RR with the paint bubbling under the exterior door tops ……… not so well accomplished a finish in this instance as my aged Ls400s 😄 

A very fine line-up of outstanding beautiful cars 

BUT it’s made my mind up that I def won’t be buying that S3 Bentley …… there was a similar shape earlier S1 there in outstanding appearance 

Good to see and chat with caring owners on a wonderful day in the Kent countryside 

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links