Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

No constant 12v power from back of radio - 2007 IS250

As per the title, I'm in the middle of installing a Grom VLite unit, but have found that the connector on the back of the radio that is providing the constant 12v from the Battery is dead (12-pin connector on the top row, second from the left).

Radio, nav and headunit all work fine still, and I've checked all fuses, which are fine.

Can anyone help - is this a dead element inside the radio, or am I missing something basic? Stumped!

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I’m going from what Grom have said, which is that pin 12 on the socket I highlighted is 12v (live) while pin 11 is 12v (ign). Pin 11 is definitely ign 12v and all the other voltages are correct on that connector (per what Grom have said they should be) - just  no 12v live at pin 12.

as I don’t have the pinouts I’m not even sure if that actually is meant to be 12v or not, and if so, why it’s dead.

I found what I think are the pinouts for that connector, and pin 6 is a 12v Battery feed:

https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Toyota-Lexus/Toyota_2003-2011_CD-MP3_m_pinout.shtml

As there's a constant 12v at the input wires to the radio (green wire) as you've said, Colin, I can only assume there's a break somewhere inside the radio where that feed is meant to be sent to pin 6 of the other connector.

Suspect it's new (to me) radio time!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links