Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Imported ISF

Also got a Carbon lip kit with rear diffuser and spoiler that I have to get fitted. Quality looks good. Will put pics up once fitted. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been looking for a new set of coilovers for a while now. Nothing wrong with the set fitted to the car from Japan RS*R, except that they are too hard for the pothole infested roads in my neck of the woods - doesn't do the tyres, wheels or car any good.

So settled for a set of TEINS Flex Z from TegiwaImport for £684 which i couldn't say no to, and with friendlier spring rates of 8Kg, my driving would be more comfortable. If I find the fronts to soft, I'll just change to 10Kg springs. 

Sprayed the coilovers with ACF and wrapped with coilover covers to keep them corrosion free.

Will put up pics after its all complete tomorrow.

• Like 3

RS☆R coilovers removed and will be put for sale.

TEINS's fitted. Took a while to get the old rears out and new in. Torqued everything with figures from here and US Lexus site.

First impressions, smoother and softer drive on these lumpy badly constructed potholes roads. Enjoy driving the car without eagle eying the roads rather than the traffic. 

The front is higher than the rear so will need to sort out the stance.

TEINS have 16 clicks to adjust the firmness of the shocks. Fronts are at 8 and rears are on 5.

Will probably readjust as time goes. 

20240714_143317.jpg

20240714_143620.jpg

• Like 4

They are a nice coilover, the road surfaces locally are very poor and I was impressed by how forgiving the Flex's are.  (I opted for a set on my Caldina a year or two back).

Hope you can put them to good use!

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. They are much better on the new style UK roads - pothole infested...

Raining like crazy, so couldn't adjust ride height after work, maybe tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Looking at the springs on the TEIN's, they are much longer than the springs on the RS☆R's and even longer the the springs on BC's. 

TEIN FlexZ are probably not track coilovers but still great for spirited driving and definitely keeps the car in check.  They are definitely comfier and gets the perfect stance in your eyes.

Anychance anyone has worked out how to replace the cruise control module so it is not limited to 115 kph?

Can this not be removed or raised using Techstream? 

I haven't used mine much over 50mph

Not sure if mines removed as I've got the HKS delimiter.

10 hours ago, jeffrosie6 said:

Can this not be removed or raised using Techstream? 

I haven't used mine much over 50mph

Not sure if mines removed as I've got the HKS delimiter.

I have the RR racing tune which delimits the car but I think the cruise has a different control unit, was a bit of a hassle driving through Belgium and Germany where the limit is 130kph 

• 1 month later...

Haven't done anything to the car other than drive and enjoy it. Getting used to the power, especially entering and exiting roundabouts without the back stepping out.

Spotted a white ISF today going towards Purley at 6:15 in the evening. Hope you're on here 😃

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

just picked up a 2008 mica red F  how are the tien

On 8/23/2024 at 9:12 PM, jeffrosie6 said:

Haven't done anything to the car other than drive and enjoy it. Getting used to the power, especially entering and exiting roundabouts without the back stepping out.

Spotted a white ISF

On 7/14/2024 at 6:15 PM, jeffrosie6 said:

RS☆R coilovers removed and will be put for sale.

TEINS's fitted. Took a while to get the old rears out and new in. Torqued everything with figures from here and US Lexus site.

First impressions, smoother and softer drive on these lumpy badly constructed potholes roads. Enjoy driving the car without eagle eying the roads rather than the traffic. 

The front is higher than the rear so will need to sort out the stance.

TEINS have 16 clicks to adjust the firmness of the shocks. Fronts are at 8 and rears are on 5.

Will probably readjust as time goes. 

20240714_143317.jpg

20240714_143620.jpg

just purchased a mica red 08 F and the ride is quite firm / jiggly .. my wife has an rc h300 which is just heaven ride wise , would you say the teins are much softer than stock . cheers paul

I did not even know such a thing existed never mind a reset button. 2012 UK ISF never seen a tyre pressure warning. I don't think they have TPMS ?????? Maybe I should have a closer look at the dash warning lights at startup to see if one gets a quick check light. Can't say I have ever seen one.

9 minutes ago, GMB said:

I did not even know such a thing existed never mind a reset button. 2012 UK ISF never seen a tyre pressure warning. I don't think they have TPMS ?????? Maybe I should have a closer look at the dash warning lights at startup to see if one gets a quick check light. Can't say I have ever seen one.

TPMS isn't on all UK ISF's. It wasn't legally required until a certain year in the UK. My UK 2010 doesn't have them.

16 hours ago, jeffrosie6 said:

Not a bad ride in my opinion. But as yours is not the ISF, your engine is lighter and the 8KG springs will suit it well.

Mine is 2008 ISF 

23 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

In my 14’ JDM ISF no sign of TPMS.

I'm sure our cars have tyre pressure sensors in the wheels?

Maybe its a basic system where it shows tyre warning, but not which tyre.

The system you just mentioned I have got in 2015 is250 mk3. Just a yellow icon. In 2015 RCF I had a display showing every tyre separately. In 2014 JDM ISF I do not have one at all. 

Since 2015 it is compulsory. 2014 and older it depends on customer when ordering or manufacturer if they wanted to please people with one.

Been loving the ISF. Hate the TEYES head unit as I cannot get the climate control to work and it doen'nt even have decent sound. The only thing I like is the GPS speedometer. Now looking to get rid of it and reassemble my original unit. Need the climate control to work or inside will mist up and I'll freeze while driving.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links