Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Back in SC430 ownership.

Bob King

53 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Tricky one it’s got steel cables supporting it 👍🏻

Get the angle right and could look like a tow rope. 😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had an excellent day out with the Toyota Enthusiasts Club, I’ve been a member for over 30 years and attended the national meet.

some beautiful Toyota & Lexus models on display….I was rather chuffed to get an award ..best of show 😎😎

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2011.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The show was 148 miles from home and clocked up 300 in total, Very hot day air/con on and pleased with the miles to the gallon 👍🏻

IMG_2020.jpeg

IMG_2021.jpeg

• Like 3

Yes bonnet could do with a machine polish…I do have one but never had the bottle to use it . Could go wonderful or be a disaster 😮

14 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I used one. Read before that Lexus paint was really soft. Did a 3 stage pass and never came close to taking too much off.

I just bought one. The idea is to to clay bar bonnet and front bumper area. Touch up stone chips then use the polisher to bud the finish back up.

2 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Amazingly some clay bars are nice to use others are crap.

Get what you pay for.

That is interesting and I had no idea they might vary other than by grade. What have you used that you would recommend?

Bob,

Chap looking for some insights on the followng;

"Now, the test drive was definitely less refined compared to the 2008 car, mainly because of the steering. The owner told me the car needs an alignment, but I’ll describe how it felt anyway:
- The steering was definitely heavy;
- The steering wheel didn’t return to the straight position by itself;
- The car pulls to the right when driving but pulls fairly hard to the left when braking."

Can you help him out?

• Like 1

Stephen, all that experience  might of course have been under the undue influence of some Italian vino 🤣

Malc 

1 minute ago, Malc1 said:

Stephen, all that experience  might of course have been under the undue influence of some Italian vino 🤣

Malc 

I hope you are not suggesting DUM otherwise known as Drunk Under (the influence of a ) Mot?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Bilt Hamber was awesome. Cheap ebay one was too prone to leave residue.

Think that’s the one I’ve got in the little white box 👍🏻

I know they are already well known here, but I wanted to do a shout out for Dave at Lex-Tek Sheffield who replaced my timing belt and water pump on my SC 430 last week. They also cleaned the sensors which repaired a fault with my roof as it sometimes did not close or 'notice' that the close operation had completed. Price was good for all the work done and a lot cheaper than Lexus Dealers (£75 per hour at Lex-tek vs £130 per hour at Lexus) and I think for older / more classic cars like the SC you're probably going to get a better treatment from someone who worked on these cars from when they were new. 

I'm going back again in November for my MOT and to get an ABS ring replaced. Great stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bob King said:

Went to Knebworth house classic car show over the weekend, massive turnout of cars, had a great day 😎

IMG_2289.jpeg

Bit of a coincidence meeting you there. By that I mean I was watching Queen playing Knebworth  in 1986.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links