Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RZ450e used prices

Hi All, it seems that, generally, used EV prices are under pressure, but this RZ Premium Plus looks really good value. According to the Lexus configurator the list price is £68,500. When 'my' (company car) UXe was in for it's last service, there was an RZ Premium Plus in the showroom and it looked superb inside and out. If I could fit it into the garage, I'd love to own one. 

Regards,

Chris

2023 Blue Lexus RZ 450e 71.4kWh (Prem Plus) Auto 4WD 5dr for sale for £50,000 in Croydon, Surrey (autotrader.co.uk)

• Like 3

Certainly great value at that price! Drove one last week and was very impressed however range for me is a problem and I couldn't believe that it didn't have a rear wash/wipe. A range of c350+ miles and a rear wiper would make me seriously consider one.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2023 at 5:04 PM, Chris UXe said:

Hi All, it seems that, generally, used EV prices are under pressure, but this RZ Premium Plus looks really good value. According to the Lexus configurator the list price is £68,500. When 'my' (company car) UXe was in for it's last service, there was an RZ Premium Plus in the showroom and it looked superb inside and out. If I could fit it into the garage, I'd love to own one. 

Regards,

Chris

2023 Blue Lexus RZ 450e 71.4kWh (Prem Plus) Auto 4WD 5dr for sale for £50,000 in Croydon, Surrey (autotrader.co.uk)

now down to £49,800

• 7 months later...

I had a test drive in one today, VERY UNDERWHELMED , no rear wash wiper , cheap interior, no glovebox , and £67,000 for the Takumi Electric Model, they must be kidding, these cars going to depreciate QUICKER than  the 300 UX electric, they are now £20,000 at dealers circa 2 to 3 year old, they cost £57,000 NEW WOW 

Thats horrendous depreciation 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but your review is the first I have seen reporting the interior to be cheap. Plenty of other criticisms but the reviews say the interior is very good.
Unfortunately the depreciation is wild on all EV’s at the moment - everyone that has bought rather than on a PCP will either have to keep the car for a very long time or take a massive hit. Even Porsche Taycans are suffering severe depreciation so little hope for others. 

• Like 2

I have got to say I was quite impressed when I drove the RZ last year. Agree that lack of a rear wiper is a big minus but overall the car felt well constructed and drove well. The range or lack of it was the biggest drawback for me but this has been addressed recently via a software update and the soon to be released revised models. All EVs are suffering huge depreciation and the only safe way to own one at present is through a pcp type deal.

• Like 1

There are now nearly-new RZ on sale for under £40k. Bargain.

If you qualify for something like a NHS discount, you can also get £10k+ off brand new. 

The list price is ridiculous, but anyone paying list price now is also being silly. 

• Like 1

I have to say I don't think the interior looks "cheap". However as I have said before I am not impressed with the seats which in my opinion should be leather at this price point like most of the competitors.

• Like 2

I currently have an RZ on loan whilst my RX is being serviced.

I was surprised how much smaller the RZ feels. The interior is very plush and seems well put together. The seats are cloth and remind me of when leather was only used on the chauffeur's seat and the rear seats were plush velour, very soft and comfortable. I'm impressed with the comfort of the seat, it fits my body shape well. There is a little less side support compared with the RX F-Sport but, yes, I like them. 

The driving position is good with excellent visibility. The 360 camera view is as good as the RX with added guide lines and views. The cabin is very quiet but does have a low frequency 'drone' not experienced in the RX. It's very muted but definitely there at all speeds. Acceleration is smooth and progressive but I'm not sure about the brake 'feel' not sure if it's something that can be adjusted regarding the regenerative settings but it's not as experienced in the RX.

I like the pano roof and the fact it's completely clear when not dimmed, not smoked like others. When dimmed it's still nice and light in the cabin due to the milky dim colour. The ML sound system sounds good.

ETA

Just collected my RX with my good lady in tow. Her first comment on getting in the RZ was looks very nice but the materials used feel 'cheap' and some of the plastic used has exposed/rough edges. She liked the seats and the general layout. We travelled to the dealership via the motorway and I was impressed with the acceleration, very brisk and silent!

Getting back into the RX we were immediately struck by the 'classy' feel to the interior surfaces, much more solid. Must admit I also prefer the solid feeling leather steering wheel cover in the RX as opposed to the 'hollow'(?) feeling cover on the RZ wheel

We also noticed far more wind noise on the motorway journey home and generally more cabin noise, not surprising perhaps as the car would be using the ICE at those speeds. Also noted was the greater thump and bump over uneven surfaces, The RZ was more controlled and quiet but that could be because that was a Takumi grade whereas my RX is the F-Sport.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:54 PM, Tickedon said:

If you qualify for something like a NHS discount, you can also get £10k+ off brand new. 

?????

Link please????

34 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

?????

Link please????

https://www.motorfinity.uk/car-manufacturer/lexus/

https://www.motorfinity.uk/car-manufacturer/lexus/rz-electric-estate/450e-230kw-direct4-714-kwh-5dr-auto-premium/101084/

You qualify if you have a blue light card. £13.4k off the base model, contact them for other models but discounts will be similar / often more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

https://www.motorfinity.uk/car-manufacturer/lexus/

https://www.motorfinity.uk/car-manufacturer/lexus/rz-electric-estate/450e-230kw-direct4-714-kwh-5dr-auto-premium/101084/

You qualify if you have a blue light card. £13.4k off the base model, contact them for other models but discounts will be similar / often more.

Great thanks, I guess though that there is no 0% PCP on these ones. Good value though, I will have a look

10 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Great thanks, I guess though that there is no 0% PCP on these ones. Good value though, I will have a look

Yes, you don’t also qualify for Lexus finance offers, as it’s not a retail Lexus purchase. They can setup their own finance but will be around 9%.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 8:53 PM, talaipwros said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202307079387085

23 plate Takumi, used, now down to 56990

( the 49800 Premium plus is still on sale)

lols, the add is still active 8 months later, the car is now down to £45980, that's £11000 down - as a used car - in 8 months

and £££££  drop drop drop they shall  ................... I'm reading Toyota is predicting the much wider availability of the replacement for their now well proven  ( Mirai )  Hydrogen Power car .........  in about 3/4 years  ......  ths is presumably the new " green " alternative to petrol and diesel ........... and also to EV 

Won't take many people to wonder how much profit there really is in EV cars when Musk is now legally able to extract a dividend payment from his EV business of some $59 billion,  YES  $59,000,000,000 ......  any day soon 

Sadly for owners of the Lexus   EV   I fear there's a lot more depreciation pain to come .....  and fairly soon too maybe

Malc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

lols, the add is still active 8 months later, the car is now down to £45980, that's £11000 down - as a used car - in 8 months

I see that it's at Lexus Woodford so I think this is the exact car that I had for a day recently whilst my NX was with them for servicing - the colour, mileage and general (slightly poor) condition of the car looks familiar. If so, then it's currently a "manager's car \ tester" so does need some TLC - although nothing that a day's worth of general cleaning wouldn't resolve (which I would happily volunteer for 😀 - would be quite therapeutic I think).

I've been following the RZ forum on here quite closely since it's inception as I did have half a mind to look into getting one to replace my NX. Over time though my enthusiasm has cooled quite a bit after hearing the experiences and trials and tribulations of the RZ owners here plus the issues facing all EV cars at the moment (insurance; Battery life; depreciation; etc.). 

I only used the RZ for my 30 mile daily commute round the North Circular in London so didn't really have a great deal of time with it to give any real, meaningful, feedback. What I can say though is that it didn't give me the wow factor that I anticipated beforehand. It drove very well and was very quiet and smooth and was very comfortable. I really like the exterior styling and this one was in the colour that I would choose. Maybe it was the condition of the car plus the usual rush hour crawling North Circular traffic and the fact it was raining that dulled everything. If I bought one I would definitely miss having a rear wiper - as I say it rained for most of the day and I never really got up to a speed that would clear the rear screen aerodynamically so my view behind was obscured all the time.

I thought beforehand that I would be reluctant to get back into my NX after savouring the delights of the RZ but to be honest it didn't bother me as much as I anticipated. Having said that - if they sold a hybrid version (with a rear wiper obviously 😀), I would be very interested.

• Like 5

I tested an RZ for 24H when my RX was serviced at at Lexus dealer and I  like the smoothness of the car and how it drives. The quality of the materials inside is not of the same standard as in the RZ but it is very good. I am waiting for the new revised version that hopefully will come very shortly before buying one (I expect the new version coming in September) as I understand there will be a range improvement 

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 9:57 PM, wivenhoe said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but your review is the first I have seen reporting the interior to be cheap. Plenty of other criticisms but the reviews say the interior is very good.
Unfortunately the depreciation is wild on all EV’s at the moment - everyone that has bought rather than on a PCP will either have to keep the car for a very long time or take a massive hit. Even Porsche Taycans are suffering severe depreciation so little hope for others. 

Well, having had an RZ for a few days in Takumi spec, I have to say I was bitterly disappointed with the interior.  Cheaper looking than my RX4, no hinged door bins, less storage and call me a cynic, but once you get over the performance, real world range is a let down for such a premium priced car.  In fact, it makes more sense to buy one in Toyota colours or the Subaru EV which is the exact same vehicle with a cheaper interior still.  The overall quality is not reflected in the price imho.  The Takumi spec and F-Sport Takumi pack RX4's I personally think are head and shoulders better on interior quality and more practical.  Some people will have to have one for the badge, but there's as good if not better for less elsewhere.

Whilst we're talking depreciation, the true cost only drops out when you consider the cost of replacing a clapped out Battery pack.  You can effectively buy a new car for the cost of a Battery replacement, which is one of my gripes about most EVs.  There's nothing green about them, except they defer where the pollution appears and countries mining Lithium are where the very "un-green" offset to any green credentials goes.  There may be nothing coming out of the on existent tail pipe but that's just offset to the fossil fuel powered power stations.  It makes people feel better as it takes the fumes away from built up areas but in total life terms, it's all an illusion.  I just can't see any argument for them presently which is why I cannot personally justify spending on one.  I appreciate others will not share this view.  Freedom of choice at least remains with us for now until the government gestapo force us all over to the dark side.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 5:58 PM, GSLV6 said:

Whilst we're talking depreciation, the true cost only drops out when you consider the cost of replacing a clapped out battery pack.  You can effectively buy a new car for the cost of a battery replacement, which is one of my gripes about most EVs.

I am not sure that this is not a myth of sorts.

Have done 52K miles with my Nissan Leaf, range is - more or less - still the same as in day one.

• Like 1

Lexus warrant that the Battery will have at least 70% in 8 years but they say it is expected to have 90% at 10 years. In that time, if I had kept my Range Rover Velar I would probably be on my third engine by then. The way things are going, within 5 years you’ll be parking your car in an out of town Park & Ride as all ICE cars will be banned in all sorts of places. Also, Labour have declined to confirm that they will keep fuel duty the same, can’t you just hear them saying that oversize gas guzzlers will be paying more in tax than small & EV cars. 
I feel sure that by the time Battery life becomes an issue there will be businesses buying redundant batteries to recycle and replacement costs will also be significantly lower. 
EV’s are not for everyone in the same way ICE’s aren’t. If you do say 30k a year for business (other than the tax benefit) and can’t have a home charger they are not really suitable.  If you have a home charger and do mostly short journeys they are great. Every time I go past a local primary school in winter there are masses of cars with the engines running to keep warm - which can’t be right as we now know how damaging that can be. 
As you say GSLV6, everyone is entitled to their opinions and to drive want they wish to - believe me I am no ecofundamentalist, but there is a lot of misinformation about EV’s.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, talaipwros said:

I am not sure that this is not a myth of sorts.

Have done 52K miles with my Nissan Leaf, range is - more or less - still the same as in day one.

Not to those who've had to do this.  I recently read about a Porsche customer who had to replace his Battery pack at the eye watering cost of £42K.  The car was less than 10 yrs old.  I also have a friend with a ten year old Nissan leaf who cannot use it for longer journeys as the effective range has dropped off way more than manufacturer claimed. He knows it isn't worth anything on the used market as a result, so uses it for all his local trips and still likes it, but I'd be concerned about used values/depreciation of any 10 yr old EV.  That's not really old for a car.  Up until recent years, all my used cars were 5 to 10 yr old petrol engined cars and if well maintained, I knew buying at 80K miles was a safe bet and looked after, they'd give another 70K miles.  I wouldn't risk any used EV.  If they go wrong, costs can write off any residual value left in them and it's more an urban myth to suggest they don't go wrong.  The future may indeed be EVs, but current LiIon packs are the present, not the future and my personal opinion is that the devastation to the planet, that mining Lithium involves, never mind the disposal/recycling costs makes them environmentally unsound.  When a greener solution is found, then I'll consider one.  That's just my personal view but backed by keeping an open mind, informed by reports from reliable sources.  You don't have to justify your own choices, just ensure you're well informed and happy with your purchase.

• Like 1

So I can buy a new one at £67,000 list price, down to £52,000 cash on NHS blue card deal.

but I’m still worried it’s going to depreciate like a Lead Ballon….

better of leasing one, take the risk away ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links