Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Map updates

On 8/25/2024 at 9:34 PM, bgb said:

Me too, downloaded from lexus onto usb and updated.  22 plate NX450h+ no issues FOC

Reading this again, I think I have muddied the waters somewhat with my previous comment.  What I have done is not OTA so to suggest so was incorrect.  I have simply downloaded the update FOC from Lexus website and applied to the vehicle.  So no OTA but also no need to go to the dealership if you want to attempt yourself whilst accepting the risk of something going wrong.

26 minutes ago, bgb said:

Reading this again, I think I have muddied the waters somewhat with my previous comment.  What I have done is not OTA so to suggest so was incorrect.  I have simply downloaded the update FOC from Lexus website and applied to the vehicle.  So no OTA but also no need to go to the dealership if you want to attempt yourself whilst accepting the risk of something going wrong.

Which area of the Lexus website did you use please.

We're finding it impossible to navigate it to get to map updates or indeed any information of use.

2 hours ago, Stevek13 said:

Which area of the Lexus website did you use please.

We're finding it impossible to navigate it to get to map updates or indeed any information of use.

Just going by the Toyota process (of course may be different for Lexus), if you log on to your 'My Lexus' account on a computer any update options should show in the 'e-store' (one of the options on the left of the screen or drop-down menu from the 'My Lexus' button at the top of the screen.

14 minutes ago, Saxacat said:

Just going by the Toyota process (of course may be different for Lexus), if you log on to your 'My Lexus' account on a computer any update options should show in the 'e-store' (one of the options on the left of the screen or drop-down menu from the 'My Lexus' button at the top of the screen.

Yes same for Lexus, just login to your profile on Lexus website and visit the e-store. I have just done it now, but there was nothing for me to download, it just showed me what I currently have.

I have LinkPro with the larger screen, (not sure what you have) and I believe it’s a different system to the smaller screen models. 

From what I remember, the smaller screen is cloud based and the larger screen has built in maps. I’m sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. 

6 hours ago, stepppy said:

From what I remember, the smaller screen is cloud based and the larger screen has built in maps. I’m sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. 

You're correct....the 10 inch system uses live maps from TomTom servers and hence has no need for manual updates 

• Like 1

My car is in for its first service a week on Monday so I have asked for them to do a map update as well when it is in. 
will have to wait and see if it’s done. 
you would like to think that there is a new map update after a year. 

On 8/28/2024 at 2:54 PM, Saxacat said:

Thanks

Not really working for us though.  It says 'Here are all the apps, maps and connected services for any infotainment system.' and then shows precisely no updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2024 at 12:10 PM, bgb said:

(NX450h+ 2023)

Thanks, there is an update available for the maps (Spring 2024) which I have successfully downloaded and transferred to the USB. If plugged into the console (via the USB interface under the wireless charging tray) it doesn't want to update the software from there.

Is there another port the dealers use to plug the USB into that is hidden somewhere?

9 hours ago, Hayzee said:

IIRC the port you want is in the storage space under the armrest and is highlighted

Thanks, not there in mine, just the two under the wireless charging tray and the two passenger ones - they're just for charging and not data transfer. I think it may be hidden somewhere just for the dealers to use? No mention of it in the user manual.

18 minutes ago, Nobbie67 said:

Thanks, not there in mine, just the two under the wireless charging tray and the two passenger ones - they're just for charging and not data transfer. I think it may be hidden somewhere just for the dealers to use? No mention of it in the user manual.

On the 450h+, You need to use the USB A port (not USB C) below the screen.

My system picked up a map update there and started the process, but the codes you need weren’t being recognised by it, so I gave up. 

I have just logged on to My Lexus and there is, as stated, an update labelled 'Spring 2024 Speed Limit Database Update'.

However, I get no further. It asks me to select my vehicle, which I do, it than wants the Map Update ID and the Map Service Code; it tells me I will find these on my head unit under 'Navigation/Map Update. But there when I go into the 'Navigation' section there is no 'Map Update' choice to find these codes.

I used to update my maps on the RAV4, it was time consuming but relatively easy.

7 hours ago, Tickedon said:

On the 450h+, You need to use the USB A port (not USB C) below the screen.

My system picked up a map update there and started the process, but the codes you need weren’t being recognised by it, so I gave up. 

Thanks, I tried that but it didn't detect it at all?

Just had my car in for a service, asked them to update the satnav while it was in when I booked the service and they didn’t even attempt to do an update. 
spoke to the service manager and is telling that they will need to download the update first and then update the car which will take about 4 hours. So I am going to get it booked in again to do the update. 
told him at the time that I received the car last year that it is supposed to update OTA and why I bought Lexus Link Pro option for the updates. 
He is now telling me why I am getting the error message please contact dealer when trying to update the maps is because there is a software issue not linking the satnav with the updates. 

9 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

Just had my car in for a service, asked them to update the satnav while it was in when I booked the service and they didn’t even attempt to do an update. 
spoke to the service manager and is telling that they will need to download the update first and then update the car which will take about 4 hours. So I am going to get it booked in again to do the update. 
told him at the time that I received the car last year that it is supposed to update OTA and why I bought Lexus Link Pro option for the updates. 
He is now telling me why I am getting the error message please contact dealer when trying to update the maps is because there is a software issue not linking the satnav with the updates. 

Is it just me or is the overall service from Lexus and their dealer slipping.

4 minutes ago, WhiteHart said:

Is it just me or is the overall service from Lexus and their dealer slipping.

I told them that when I first bought the car that there was an issue with the map updates with it coming up with the message to contact the dealer and they told me it’s because there was no map updates is why it was coming up with the message and now after a year they are now saying that there is an issue. 

• Like 2

I logged into the e-store yesterday and saw the 2024 update which had recently arrived. I went through the purchase process and downloaded the file - it’s a 23Gb zip file, 27Gb when unzipped so that’s not coming over the air anytime soon! I started copying the update to a USB stick but after 3 hours gave up as it was only about 40% through.  God knows how long it would take to copy from the stick to the car. Definitely keep the car in ready mode for that! I think I’ll get the dealer to do it instead. 

9 minutes ago, IGR said:

I logged into the e-store yesterday and saw the 2024 update which had recently arrived. I went through the purchase process and downloaded the file - it’s a 23Gb zip file, 27Gb when unzipped so that’s not coming over the air anytime soon! I started copying the update to a USB stick but after 3 hours gave up as it was only about 40% through.  God knows how long it would take to copy from the stick to the car. Definitely keep the car in ready mode for that! I think I’ll get the dealer to do it instead. 

When I updated my RX the files took less than 5min to unpack onto the USB. The transfer to the car was accomplished over the next 5 or 6 trips in the car. The update pauses and resumes the next time the car is used. Not sure how or if the dealers can expedite this and generally they dislike tying up space in the workshop, they normally have the car on a Battery charger to avoid gassing the techs!

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

When I updated my RX the files took less than 5min to unpack onto the USB. The transfer to the car was accomplished over the next 5 or 6 trips in the car. The update pauses and resumes the next time the car is used. Not sure how or if the dealers can expedite this and generally they dislike tying up space in the workshop, they normally have the car on a battery charger to avoid gassing the techs!

what kind of USB stick did you use ? I bought a USB 2.0 stick as I had seen elsewhere on the forum someone saying it has to be USB 2 not USB 3. 

My current file copying is taking more than 5 mins......

image.thumb.png.aad09996806dc1436faeaac9ea5abfb9.png

3 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I used a 256GB USB clean formatted to FAT32 and extracted to the root directory. Be careful formatting the drive as Win11 automatically uses ExFAT

Thanks - is the USB stick 2.0 or 3.0/3.1/3.2 ?

Just been in touch with my Lexus service manger about the map update and now they are saying that’s it is not as easy as expected and need my car for two days and even then the update might not work. 
I tried telling my dealer last year when I got the car that there was an issue with the map updates with getting the error message from day one. 
I am so frustrated especially paying for the Lexus Link Pro for the 3 years map updates. 
can’t get my car back in until the 23rd October. 
will have to wait and see what happens. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links