Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RZ EV Charging units

Since the software update the range has increased significantly.  With the warmer weather 100% now showing as much as 220 miles which is pretty accurate. Turning the fan/aircon off only improves by about 5 miles. So the software update- for those who have had it- has made a significant difference.

5 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Since the software update the range has increased significantly.  With the warmer weather 100% now showing as much as 220 miles which is pretty accurate. Turning the fan/aircon off only improves by about 5 miles. So the software update- for those who have had it- has made a significant difference.

The same here, subject to outside temp 5-10 mile difference with fan off/on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gadget Man said:

Hi, I am still waiting for my Batt/Range/Display update , are these being installed now (July) ?

Usually done via dealership recall. Mine was last December if I recall. 

They ceased updating cars with a HUD. Suggest you ask Customer Service if they have solved the issue with the HUD and when they think your car would be updated. Don’t be fobbed off by being told it will come as an OTA update - it’s a major system update - evidenced by it trashing the HUD. 

I badgered my dealer and they did it as soon as it was originally available. 

I wouldn’t hold my breath - last year we were told that the update was to be the September Update. It took months for them to finalise it. That said, it was a long time ago they ceased installing it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be a good idea if there was an Airbnb like renting facility for home-chargers?

Whilst you're at work, people can visit your home, assuming there's convenient parking, and use your home charger. It would alleviate the problem of infrastructure roll-out and range anxiety if there's far more chargers available. Your neighbours might even get friendlier. The problems that might occur include if you want to use it yourself and someone wants to hog it. 

Would work in the same way as renting out your drive for parking 🙂 

On 8/5/2024 at 7:17 PM, ruds said:

Would work in the same way as renting out your drive for parking 🙂 

Yes, that's what gave me the idea. However, aren't home-chargers slower chargers?

On 8/5/2024 at 1:08 PM, flotsam said:

Would it be a good idea if there was an Airbnb like renting facility for home-chargers?

Whilst you're at work, people can visit your home, assuming there's convenient parking, and use your home charger. It would alleviate the problem of infrastructure roll-out and range anxiety if there's far more chargers available. Your neighbours might even get friendlier. The problems that might occur include if you want to use it yourself and someone wants to hog it. 

It exists already - see justpark.com. Plenty of folk renting out their driveway with Ev charger access. Personally however, wherever I’ve looked, prices are often higher than public chargers… 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links