Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

On my car I’ve enjoyed the rust proofing….painting suspension and under sealing any suspect areas. It’s just my neck that suffers for days afterwards 🙄

It’s now protected yet has a look of originality about it👍🏻

IMG_0422.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

On my car I’ve enjoyed the rust proofing….painting suspension and under sealing any suspect areas. It’s just my neck that suffers for days afterwards 🙄

It’s now protected yet has a look of originality about it👍🏻

IMG_0422.jpeg

Immaculate Bob. I am so looking forward to inheriting it in the fullness of time. 😄

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Immaculate Bob. I am so looking forward to inheriting it in the fullness of time. 😄

Think its 50/50 who’s going to see who out first 😁😁

4 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Presume you have watched all the videos?

Blimey this stuff must have great health benefits as you breathe it in and wash your eyes out with it, I guess the only purpose of the latex gloves is to keep your hands clean. Surprised the HSE haven’t used this video to demonstrate what not to do when it comes to PPE.

21 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Blimey this stuff must have great health benefits as you breathe it in and wash your eyes out with it, I guess the only purpose of the latex gloves is to keep your hands clean. Surprised the HSE haven’t used this video to demonstrate what not to do when it comes to PPE.

Yes, the same thought occurred to me although they do say it's primary constituent is lanolin extracted from sheep's wool. Baa as if that makes any difference. Just hold on while I satisfy a craving to eat my lawn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Yes, the same thought occurred to me although they do say it's primary constituent is lanolin extracted from sheep's wool. Baa as if that makes any difference. Just hold on while I satisfy a craving to eat my lawn.

No more car shows for me. I just won't be able to drive on the grass anymore in case Lexigirl decides to eat the turf.

9 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Does it smell of mint sauce?

Nah, sheepdip mate...seriously, I am feeling like Outback Aussie allover.

5 hours ago, Bob King said:

It’s just my neck that suffers for days afterwards 🙄

I know the feeling. I put a shelf up in the garage and had a sore foot ( like a sprain )  for a week afterwards. It's called old age.

No, I don't know why my foot kicked off either.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GMB said:

I know the feeling. I put a shelf up in the garage and had a sore foot ( like a sprain )  for a week afterwards. It's called old age.

No, I don't know why my foot kicked off either.

Foot..hmm...you do know we have these things called hammers for that job right?.

Seriously Stephen  ........  Do you actually KNOW that these are the images of YOUR car that the Undersealer has sent over ?

Until you are 100% OK with the Ramp Inspection I would hold off shelling out your dosh ££££

Malc

27 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Seriously Stephen  ........  Do you actually KNOW that these are the images of YOUR car that the Undersealer has sent over ?

Until you are 100% OK with the Ramp Inspection I would hold off shelling out your dosh ££££

Malc

Malc, without a doubt, with age, I have lost a step so to speak. However, I would know the underside of this car anywhere if only because of the exhaust system, but there are other clues of course. I paid him yesterday in full so unless the garage give me a totally bad report it is over. As to the latter I really don't see that happening. Even with these pics it looks like the job I was expecting. In addition, I know cavities were done with Active Corrollan ,because they don't plug drainholes , and I have been soaking up seepage with  sheets of plenty padding under the holes.

With matters like these you should attempt to stay the right side of what the law reasonably allows. After the pics there really was little reason to retain his payment. Moreover, I also know IF in the unlikely event this turned out to be a bad job I do always have the option of going back to him with the option that he correct it. Failure to do that fulfils my obligation to him and the next step is to obtain a quote from the garage. Get them to do it and then claim against him in Small Claims for that cost. That is the way this process works to stay the right side of the legal line. Decades in business my friend and I have been down this path multiple times like anybody in business would do. That is experience and knowledge bought the hard way, but it's a useful thing to have in situations like this, because I knew exactly what to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Turns out my friend next door knows a man with ramp. Awaiting a call to use it.

Take same rags with you just in case your car is still dripping 👍🏻

Hope the ramp is a proper 4 Poster that you drive on and rises for your upright standing inspection of the underside  

Does your usual Indy mechanic not have this type of ramp ……that your good rapport with him enables you to get him onside maybe 🤔

Malc 

20 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Hope the ramp is a proper 4 Poster that you drive on and rises for your upright standing inspection of the underside  

Does your usual Indy mechanic not have this type of ramp ……that your good rapport with him enables you to get him onside maybe 🤔

Malc 

The friend has a tyre/exhaust business. Indeed, it's the same place I went on recommendation to get my alloygators removed and unlike Clitheroe it is 2mins down the road.

• Like 1

The 'other' car that rhymes with Hag. No not Reeves come on now. Yes, that car passed MOT no advisories today and that is as good as you can hope for with cars like these ,of this age.

59 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

The 'other' car that rhymes with Hag. No not Reeves come on now. Yes, that car passed MOT no advisories today and that is as good as you can hope for with cars like these ,of this age.

But she needs to be used more surely now 🤔

Malc 

52 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

But she needs to be used more surely now 🤔

Malc 

She's going to Harrogate on Saturday to watch the Rugby and on from there to York for a short break. Who knows I might just keep driving  after that! Hull ferry anyone?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links