Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

"Removal of plastic arch inner guards"

The wheel arch you’ve posted a photo of ….the bolts don’t look they’ve been off.( admittedly very poor photo ! ) 😉😉

11 minutes ago, Bob King said:

The wheel arch you’ve posted a photo of ….the bolts don’t look they’ve been off.( admittedly very poor photo ! ) 😉😉

Thanks Bob. The situation is two arch liners retained by self tapping screws were removed and treatment was done. The other two are retained by self sacrificing plugs. When advised (which I appreciated) I said no problem I understand the issue. Talk me through it at the end and next time I put it in for service I will have those plugs switched out and we can then do what needs to be done. There has been no adjustment to the price for this and I am ok with that. Some things cannot always be foreseen.

42 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Seems good. I forget you are paying pittance Northern prices though.

Shhhs don't tell everybody. They'll all want to move up here. ☺️

19 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Bob, What did you think about the cross section below the radiator? Would you expect that to be treated? Pic is overleaf.

42 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Bob, What did you think about the cross section below the radiator? Would you expect that to be treated? Pic is overleaf.

As the radiator would have to come out to do it properly, they don’t remove mechanicals so fair it’s not been done .

ive  treated mine with rust killer using a brush, it’s the best I can do without stripping stuff out .

Oh my …… so much thought going into this …….. £150 an hour estimate …….. the job you had done has just cost a further £1500 minimum in Forum Members cerebral efforts ……. I’ll waive my fees though coz you’re all so poor up North 🥵

Whatever you do next ……, just don’t scrunch the car …… you don’t want it be a Cat N or whatever …… so take care 🤞

🤣😂   Malc 

1 minute ago, Malc1 said:

Oh my …… so much thought going into this …….. £150 an hour estimate …….. the job you had done has just cost a further £1500 minimum in Forum Members cerebral efforts ……. I’ll waive my fees though coz you’re all so poor up North 🥵

Whatever you do next ……, just don’t scrunch the car …… you don’t want it be a Cat N or whatever …… so take care 🤞

🤣😂   Malc 

Not really appreciating the funny side of this right now. Perhaps hit me up in a week ,or two and I might poke fun at it.

Chill out for a few days ……. forget about it all and take yourselves off for a break to a nice hotel at Grasmere or so  …… rejuvenate reinvigorate and relax ……. it’ll help I’m sure 

Go4it 🤞

Malc 

The saga continues. Having still received no pictures of the work done I do receive a text stating that if payment is not made by the 9/9/24 a claim will be made for recovery in Small Claims. Moreover he "will not discuss the matter further".

If this is really a sign of his professionalism I don't have high hopes for the quality of the job done. I will get to see that on a ramp shortly.

Spot his problem !!

Due.jpg

Remind me to always avoid Slow Slow Slow QuickBooks …… KwikBuks might be more appropriate 

Might you now counterclaim for the upfront monies you paid ?    Or wait till after the ramp check shortly 

just a thought 😀

Malc 

16 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Remind me to always avoid Slow Slow Slow QuickBooks …… KwikBuks might be more appropriate 

Might you now counterclaim for the upfront monies you paid ?    Or wait till after the ramp check shortly 

just a thought 😀

Malc 

I actually would like nothing more than to pay him full for a job well done. However, until the car goes on a ramp and indeed the MOT guy at the garage gives me his view then I don't know what I have got. Hopefully a good job, but if not then he will be hearing from me. Frankly, I think he is perhaps not without issues and I would rather not add to them.

• Like 1

Some success. He has now recognised I am serious about wanting to see the work done and he has posted pics at various stages. Not exactly in line with what we discussed ,but a lot better than the nothing that I had up to this point.

I will post them up here and if anyone has an opinion by all means make it known. I will say don't be confused by the colour of the Corrolan treatment ! Yup, it almost looks like rust itself, but all good on that score.

Here goes. These are as far as I can tell what he took before the real work commenced. I would have liked to see subframe etc before prep ,but does not look like there are any.

Offramp.jpg

Masked Up.jpg

Coils masked.jpg

Pics after FE 123 converter are below. So this looks like what he took after a scrape and after using rust converter.

Sub Frme after FE 123.jpg

os rail FE123.jpg

NS RAIL fe123.jpg

FRONT OS SUSP FE123.jpg

Below are pics he has taken after the final stage Corrolan Pure/Active has been applied.

That's everything so what do we think?

OS FLOOR PAN TREATED.jpg

ns floor pan Treated.jpg

fRONT CROSSMEMBER tREATED.jpg

ns floorpan Treated.jpg

Rear Diff Sub Frame Treated.jpg

Chassis rail Wax Injected.jpg

I think you should try to make a judgement when you’ve had your chance to physically get her up on the ramp and that next inspection 🤔

Malc 

47 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I think you should try to make a judgement when you’ve had your chance to physically get her up on the ramp and that next inspection 🤔

Malc 

Been at the rugby so not even had a chance to have a good look myself.

I’ve copied all the photos and brightened them up, it’s seems a fair job, liners shown have been off, rust proof treatment applied (grey/blue stuff).

Underseal (brown stuff) seems to have been well applied.

so seeing the photos not much to complain about.

That just leaves the 2nd opinion from the mot garage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will ask the opinion at my garage, but in truth given what he has provided I have no legal right to expect him to pay for that. Neither do I have any reasonable grounds for holding off on his payment. Yes he has issued a 30 day invoice with a good couple of weeks to run, but we all know this is nothing more than a mistake from his book keeping software. No garage seriously offers these terms. So, just because I can retain his payment doesn't mean I should. I will settle the matter today. Anybody who does the contract will have no issue to worry about with me.

Thanks to all who contributed a view and helped me out with this.

Really does look like the job was done as promised.

It is one messy job! My friend who does it from home is now suffering from the effects of those products he uses. Best let someone else do it.

See what the MOT guy writes on the next test report...

"Unable to view underside as drips kept falling in my eyes".

• Haha 1

I actually tried to make a start on the prep. However, reality kicked in. The days I could get into those positions and work are over. I did however do my own leather and the money that was earmarked for covered the undersealing so I am OK with it all.

14 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Presume you have watched all the videos?

Yes, the first thing I did before approaching the chap was to go to the Rustbuster site, read everything, watch everything. I did think the Corrolan after spray colour was 'unfortunate', but I understand it darkens down after 4 to 6 weeks of curing. That curing time is also why I was happy to Sorn the car after treatment and give that curing process a chance to complete without being affected by road debris etc.

I will say where they write that it does not smell like some treatments they are misleading people. It really does whiff a lot to begin with. I actually wrote down and printed off the entire process from their website and I handed a copy to the chap and deliberately asked is that what I can expect from you. To his credit he looked it over before saying yes that's the process and it only varies depending on my judgement as to where to apply the FE 123 converter.

It's far too early to say if I will in the future recommend Corrolan. We will just have to see how we go in the next couple of years.

Not sure I would pay his Invoice ahead of time ..  just yet ........  you still haven't got that independent Ramp View 

Also, are those piccys he sent over really of your car ?  Is he that trustworthy ?

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links