Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

I should be attending on the Sunday as Its only 30 minutes away , cars not looking the best and it looks a bit of a ****ter , but it's my ****ter and I love it .

Met some great people from an old forum , Bob , Neil , Steve and that Scottish fella with the noisy RCF , our Graham , but seriously its a great meet and always a pleasure to go .

• Like 3

Lytham Green car Show today for charity. Absolutely rammed and huge turnout of cars.

Beofre I post pics of the cars in toto I will first post some for malc who might appreciate the LS 43p. A beast !

Indeed, the alloys probably cost more than some cars we have discussed in here.

LS1.jpg

LS2.jpg

LS3.jpg

• Haha 1

All being well I hope to be bringing my SC 430 to Coventry next Sunday and needless almost to say there was (again) not one in sight today at Lytham.

AS1.jpg

KARMAN BROWN.jpg

VANTAGE 1.jpg

DBP ORIG1.jpg

chrysler.jpg

jag150.jpg

Armstrong.jpg

as2.jpg

MX5.jpg

Karman Blue.jpg

Stingray.jpg

TVR.jpg

• Like 1

Stephen thank you   The Ls430 looks stunningly ludicrous sporting those wheels 🥳

Bet it’s a harsh ride eh 🤔

The Merc Pagoda I actually had ……. in stock at my used car sales ……. maybe 30 years back ……. ‘orrible useless family car I’m afraid ……. much preferred the Ls400 I had at my garage and used for years …… the Merc Pagoda seemed a dopey car to me to want to own ……. had much bigger better more powerful Mercs that were “ sensible “ to use and WONDROUS limos too …….. enjoyed driving those  👍

Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to have had a Ls400 for sooooooo long and maybe 250k miles of joyous motoring   😇

Malc 

36 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Stephen thank you   The Ls430 looks stunningly ludicrous sporting those wheels 🥳

Bet it’s a harsh ride eh 🤔

The Merc Pagoda I actually had ……. in stock at my used car sales ……. maybe 30 years back ……. ‘orrible useless family car I’m afraid ……. much preferred the Ls400 I had at my garage and used for years …… the Merc Pagoda seemed a dopey car to me to want to own ……. had much bigger better more powerful Mercs that were “ sensible “ to use and WONDROUS limos too …….. enjoyed driving those  👍

Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to have had a Ls400 for sooooooo long and maybe 250k miles of joyous motoring   😇

Malc 

I didn't even get the front shot showing the modified front spoiler that literally touched the very short grass. I still cannot workout how that works on the road, or when parking.

I have to say though it really looks the business in a very non flashy way..

I was actually staying in Stratford upon Avon for a few days last week. Suppose I might make the trek up again next Sunday to say hello to the other mad ***** sc430 owners.

So yesterday I saw some beautiful Green cars. A Stag, Morgan, Vantage and a couple of others slightly less striking in tone. Today I am looking at the Grey XK and shaking my head ...what were you thinking young man?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Today I am looking at the Grey XK and shaking my head ...what were you thinking young man?

being a tad colour blind often helps in older years  ......  you really did think it was green at the time then ?

Malc

FACT:   son-in-law re-paints the wood casing around his garden hottub a magnificent sea-going summery blue  .........  WOT he's saying exasperated, I painted it brown to match the cover ............. not joking sadly, just a tad colour blind  😂

If you don't like reality just tell it to change. For example, I had a wonderful Maths teacher, Mr Clarke. he explained numbers and indeed colours in conceptual terms. For example, why is this pen blue? Not XXXYZZG ?

He explained "it is Blue ,because we collectively agree to call it that" . It is just a label and nothing more so that we can agree on how we decide to define what we are looking at.

On that basis , I shall now look out my window at my Green XK. Oh s..t, I must have missed some of the explanation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I am not mistaken the LC500 shares it's seat belt restrainer with our beloved SC 430. Appears from pics to be the same magnetic button style arrangement. Have to say that is  something I am not impressed with. Pulls lose for fun. Does not sound much of an issue, but the whole idea is to stop the belt wearing the leather on your seat bolster!. The pic I saw was of a 2017 model so may be they changed it subsequently.

Anyway, not sure what time of day the Coventry meet kick off on Sunday, but I am thinking to get there around 10am. ish. Not done a thing to the car in preparation (cough). No seriously I mean it.  Pinocchio over and out.

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Mine still has Spanish fly all over the front.

Pistachio green and walnut Tan  ……. better than mine covered with white grey and black …… seagull poo 🥵

Malc 

Mine might have had a polish ,or two !

B....y stone chips though. I think if no one has a better suggestion I might just get my lower front panel resprayed entirely. Every time I look they have multiplied. Rather than stop driving it I might pay someone to walk in front with a metal panel to field the stones.

Very nice to see the cars today. Also great to put a face to the name of a couple of our SC owners club. Altogether lovely day out.

• Like 2

I have not seen another SC 430 being driven on the roads since I bought mine last September ,but then today right in front of my eyes here in Preston I clocked a sky blue car. Thought I caught the reg ,but I must have got something wrong as it does not come up on Mot checks. It was not the same blue as the one we saw listed from Torquay, but it was definitely at that end of the spectrum for tone. Was curious to see if it was  a local car.

18 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Very nice to see the cars today. Also great to put a face to the name of a couple of our SC owners club. Altogether lovely day out.

Great to catch up with you Stephen 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links