Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Apple Navigation sound

Hi all

I have looked on the forum but can not find an answer so apologies if it has been previously covered.

I have a 450h+ which is about 5 weeks old now and slowly getting to grips with all the tech etc. One problem that is causing me problems is the spoken navigation instructions when using apple Maps. It used to work but on a recent long journey we pit stopped for fuel and coffee and on restarting the navigation worked fine with the instructions showing on screen and on the heads up display but no spoken commands which were there before the stop.

I have tried all the settings and can not find anything wrong - if you set the journey on the phone before getting in the car the phone speaks the first command but as soon as the car connects the voice commands stop.

The Lexus navigation system sounds work fine. I prefer the apple maps as you can set the destinations before you set off on the phone which you can not do on the Lexus navigation (a retrograde step as my 2019 UX could handle that!)

Probably something simple but any help would be appreciated

Thanks

John 

My initial suggestion would be to check that you don't have the volume setting for the spoken commands down too low via the Infotainment system (or even muted). Try raising the system volume via the steering wheel controls (or the centre button under the central display) to coincide with when you suspect that apple Maps should be issuing spoken instructions.

If that doesn't work then maybe others on here who use apple Maps may be able to help.

As Andy said. There is the system volume which plays music and the Lexus nav etc but when you CarPlay it uses a different volume so you can have the directions on loud,low or off, try, when car play loads up have the radio on a certain volume, load up apple Maps set a destination press go and then turn up the volume which then overrides the radio or music you are playing.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links