Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Replacement side door trim

Hi, I unfortunately scraped my side door trim on a low level wall, anyone any ideas where I could buy replacement parts and is it something we could fit ourselves? 

Hi Jill and welcome to the LOC.

If you could provide a few more details like which door it is and perhaps a picture of the damage I can look up the part and advise further.

Generally the trim is held on with double sided tape and clips so DIY is possible with care, the only problem is if the part is colour coded i.e. painted the same colour as the rest of the car as most replacements need painting first.

The other option of course is to find a local body shop or “smart” repair company with a good reputation.

The picture below shows the trim fitted and the fixings location.

IMG_0577.png

Looks like you have the optional side skirts on your UX - the silver pieces. Is it just that piece that is damaged or the black trim piece behind?

If it is just the silver piece then I suspect only the full pack is available rather than the individual door piece but it is worth checking with your local dealer or swindon (Lexus parts direct).

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-ux-phase-1-side-skirts/

Those side skirts are bolted to the trim behind so you couldn't just remove those all round otherwise you would have unsightly holes showing 😞 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links