Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wanted: roof rails for 2012 rx450h

I am looking for roof rails for my 2012 rx450h.   If you have one or a pair available, please let me know.  I am looking out for cars being scrapped as a potential source, hence possibly interested in just one (in case I find one good one on a scrap car).

If you know of a car with roof rails at a breakers yard, please let me know.  

Wish you luck in finding, so many have come here looking for these.  If successful in your quest, try to obtain the longer bolts that come with the new ones. If good gaskets not provided use good measure of silicon as this is a known entry for water ingress.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Wish you luck in finding, so many have come here looking for these.  If successful in your quest, try to obtain the longer bolts that come with the new ones. If good gaskets not provided use good measure of silicon as this is a known entry for water ingress.

I had a look at the car last weekend to inspect the mounting holes. There is aready a rubber washer on both the hole and the bolt as protection from water ingress.   Do the Lexus bars come with an additional gasket/seal too?

I believe the RX300 ones are shorter in some respects.  This was mentioned in a thread some way back if you can find it as the search facility is not great.  It might be better if you page back looking for threads on the rails.

This is the short manual that came with the new rails I purchased.  You will note that it is for cars 2008 onwards up to and including the 3rd Generation for RX350 and 450h.  The new  bolt  heads apart from being longer require a 12mm socket whilst the originals needed a 10mm (despite what is shown in the manual) but thread is the same so although the head is not important the length is.  New gaskets were supplied and all parts to do the fitting which also shows parts no longer required.  https://www.lexus-tech.eu/aimuploads/{BA599F9A-3318-B5D4-01DB-4E8F926D3318}/RX_Roof_rails_08301_48800_AIM_001_657_0.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links