Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bye again…..

Well after 10 months ownership, I’ve decided to take a hit on the trade in and opted to get a Octavia vRS. So why, well…..it’s been a good companion over this period and I’ve managed a long term tank to tank average of 49.9mpg over this time which is excellent given it’s relative performance and size but a few things have just got me to a point that I needed to change:

1) Boot is ridiculously small given the cars size - I play in a couple of rock groups and struggle to get all my gear in it and also as we have a large Sprocker when we go on holiday it’s difficult to get all our gear and hers in and end up with loads on the backseat with her.

2) Handling sometimes leaves a lot to be desired-bends I can rattle round in a number of other cars often make me clench my arse when in the UX

3) Despite the excellent look of the seats in the front it has started to give me sciatica on longer trips 

so it’s so long and thanks for all the fish😂

• Like 2

Hi Paul!

My main complaint with the UX is indeed the boot. I've mentioned it before and no doubt will continue to do so. There's literally no depth to it and with the fabric parcel shelf in place (which I much prefer to have in place, to be honest), it's like a large letterbox. I'd honestly say that my father's Corsa D is slightly more practical without resorting to dropping seats e.t.c. It's also one of the main reasons why I want to replace the UX. I thought I could 'get away' with it but these last three years have shown whilst I generally can if I'm on my own, when it comes to any overnight stays or trips away, it's often a case of using the back seats/footwells as additional boot space. It's not the car's fault. It is what it is. I bought it knowing it may be problematic but I did slightly underestimate how much boot space I actually needed. 

I think I've only once had an "oh 'eck!" moment with the UX in terms of handling...but that was down to me underestimating quite a tight right hand bend on a rural road I hadn't been on before. That was an 'interesting' moment when I clearly felt the nearside front scrabble and understeer. Other than that, I think it's handling is very good. Not the sharpest front wheel drive car I've owned, but perfectly competent for my own driving style.  

I'm surprised about the seat complaint because certainly up front, I feel they're excellent. Certainly in F-Sport trim. I do suffer a bit with my lower back anyway and I can truthfully say the only time I feel it start to suffer is on the 350-odd mile round trips I occasionally do in it. I had four Audi's back-to-back prior to getting the UX and I'd say only two of them came reasonably close to the comfort I get with the Lexus seats. 

I wish you well! 👍

• Like 1

Hello Paul, understand your point regards the boot. We recently travelled to the airport (60+ miles) with two good sized cases and four adults which we managed quite successfully by removing the various levels of layers in the boot to just leave the well exposed where a spare wheel should reside. I guess you has explored doing this? Good luck with the VRS, my son gave up waiting for a VRS hybrid after 1 year 3 months and still no committed delivery date  so got a BMW in 2 weeks instead. Cheers Barry

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links