Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How to ship oil/fluids?

agent_dess

Does anyone know how i can post Transmission/Differential oil?

Ive got 4 bottles of ATF fluid (1L each) and 2 bottles of Differential oil (1L each)

That i bought and never user and its outside of the 30 day accepted returns by seller.

I cannot find a courier which ships it, as an example Opies uses FedEx but when you look at FedEx website it listed as prohibited.

I assume Online retailers have a special contract with certain couriers that allows them to ship such fluids out.

Anyone know of a method i can use to ship these out?

I think they are just being over-sensitive... I would just package it well and simply do not declare it is ATF as long as you shipping it domestically. In the end of the day you not shipping something illegal, so I would say it is none of their business to know what is in the package, they getting their money for the weight, their job is to deliver it not to ask questions. That said if it get's damaged or lost I would not expect them to cover it.

Now to be fair I have never shipped any oil/ATF, but I have received it many times and there aren't even any stickers to say "oil" inside, so I kind of surprised they mention it is not allowed. 

• Haha 1

I'd get advice from an International forwarding company. I used to work for one about 12 years ago now and some fluid were accepted like water for example. Things like perfume wasn't as it was a fire risk.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

I'd get advice from an International forwarding company. I used to work for one about 12 years ago now and some fluid were accepted like water for example. Things like perfume wasn't as it was a fire risk.

And that would make sense.. but ATF/Oil isn't really fire hazard... I guess if it leaks then it may be difficult to clean, but if delivery company does it's job right and doesn't kick the box then it shouldn't really leak (assuming it is brand new unopened bottle).

Yes Linas assuming the package doesn't get thrown about etc. Unfortunately our packages do get thrown about but if well packaged then no item damage should occur. Example I get my fuel additives sent to me.

Des. I suggest you get a box the size which you can stand the 6 bottles upright and the space around them you can scrunge up 2 or 3 layers of bubble wrap. Make sure 2 layers bubble wrap at the base of the box and again at top of bottles. The lid of the box should be a snug fit. Basically once packaged you box shouldn't rattle when you shake it. If it does rattle then open it and bung more bubble wrap (or old newspaper or amazon filler paper) then seal the box and shake to see if it rattles. If it doesn't then simply take it to your post office. If they ask what it is say its a wooden model or similar. 

Basically don't tell whichever courier you use what it it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links