Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Relax servicing/warranty confusion

MadJam250

I have a 64 plate CT200h that is swiftly approaching 100k miles. The Relax warranty Ts&Cs indicate that any Lexus can take advantage of this up until 10 years since registration and/or reaching 100k miles. I am sure I have heard/read that providing you have the service before 100k, eg at 99k,the warranty would be valid for that final.year beyond 100k,for example, but according to a dealer I contacted yesterday that is not true. Can anyone clarify please? 

There must be many owners here with Lexus cars that fall outside of the Relax parameters. Where do you get your cars serviced and/or do your local main dealers offer a servicing scheme, similar to the previous Essentials Servicing costs for older cars? 

I get the impression Lexus aren't interested anymore if you own an older model as I can't find anything online about serving costs for older, higher mileage vehicles. 

Martin,  I'm sure I read on here recently that if you get it serviced at 99k then the Relax warranty is extended for another 12 months. Have a search for a recent warranty thread as I recall someone saying they got it confirmed by the dealer.

As I understand it servicing costs are fixed, with the extended warranty replacing essentials service, regardless of age, and so prices are on the Lexus website. That said, you might be able to negotiate with individual dealers, I got 15% discount on a 5 yr service plan. For me It works out at around £275 for intermediate services,  and £450 for full.

Also, beyond 10 yrs/100k miles, there's the 10yr Plus extended warranty, at around £500 a year, which seems pretty comprehensive and includes UK & European AA cover.

6 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Martin,  I'm sure I read on here recently that if you get it serviced at 99k then the Relax warranty is extended for another 12 months. Have a search for a recent warranty thread as I recall someone saying they got it confirmed by the dealer.

"If my vehicle is nine years and 364 days old on the day of service, will a Lexus warranty contract be activated and will it expire the next day?
A full contract will be activated every time an eligible vehicle undergoes a qualifying service. In this example the vehicle will be covered until one day before the 11th anniversary of its first date of registration."

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/Lexus-warranty-how-it-works/

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links