Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The danger of owning a new Lexus in Bournemouth.

LenT

Got of fairly light as well - £1000 barely covers cost of pain, not to mention depreciation of the value of the car as the painted is never as good as factory finish. I guess if it is 1 door, then maybe it checks out, but if he scratched whole side then I doubt £1000 even covers paint.

Generally there is a problem that non "car guys" don't understand how expensive is to fix the keyed car, or that it actually can't be fixed back to it's original condition... they don't even understand it needs fixing... "ahh that is just a scratch - who would pay money to fix it". So they kind of trap themselves in making damage which they could not comprehend cost of... 

There is that other fad spreading - letting air out of SUV tyres ... Look - I hate SUVs, but I do understand that if you let the air out of the tyre it may get damage as the car sits on empty tyre, as well if owner does not notice this could cause accident when driving... but these people are now doing it and are proud of it, whereas in my opinion this should be prosecuted as attempted murder! Again - I don't think they have intention to hurt somebody, but because they are so f**** stupid and ignorant they don't understand even basics about the cars and they can't appreciate that "just letting some air out" could cause £1000s of damage:

• Like 2

He got off extremely lightly but maybe this is all of a piece with the something for nothing, wealth-hating, everyone must win a prize, communist zeitgeist!  “How dare you own a £60k Lexus when all I have is a Nissan Micra…”

A more realistic punishment might have been £5000 compensation, large-ish fine and a few hundred hours hard labour, sorry, I meant to say community service.   

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

@LenT

It seems like I need to pay to read that article. 

unless available on another website. 

My apologies…that hadn’t occurred to me!

And my thanks to Marianne for doing what I was still working out how to do!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LenT said:

Lol, have to say I did it very badly Len but you get what you pay for here 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LenT said:

It’s only natural one might assume the venn diagram of Lexus owners and Telegraph readers is a single circle 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D Johnson said:

He got off extremely lightly but maybe this is all of a piece with the something for nothing, wealth-hating, everyone must win a prize, communist zeitgeist!  “How dare you own a £60k Lexus when all I have is a Nissan Micra…”

A more realistic punishment might have been £5000 compensation, large-ish fine and a few hundred hours hard labour, sorry, I meant to say community service.   

Yeah for criminal damage one can get jail time, so £1000 fine sounds very light... I guess "first time offender". Even then I think it should have been car repairs +£1000... I guess it goes to show that even judges don't understand what "just a scratch" means... + whole anti-car culture in UK, where any crime against car is seen almost as a positive act.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links