Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help replacing the rear windscreen on an LS430

Hi fellow owners.

A couple of weeks ago for no apparent reason some vandals/kids/drunk adults (delete as appropriate) decided to smash both front and rear windscreens on my LS430 along with the rear screen of a car parked next to mine. I seem to have had no difficulty in getting a national car glass company to replace the front screen, but the rear screen (which is completely smashed) is unavailable - new at least. Does anyone know where I can source a replacement, a good breaker or reseller of car glass and ideally removed from a donor vehicle? Has anyone had to replace the rear windscreen in their LS430, was it an 'easy' job for a pro? The car is mechanically sound and has years of life left in it with only 130K miles, but I've drawn a blank. I've tried Auto glass, Auto Windscreens and National Windscreens but no one has been able to assist so far.

Any help greatly appreciated.

IMG_7096.jpg

9 hours ago, Lexus212 said:

Any help greatly appreciated.

local CCTV etc to identify the buggers . and then chop their fingers off, or at least cut their fingernails a little closer than normal 

Glass is often a non-affecting on the NCB but recorded against one with the insurer and they should pay out if you have Fully Comprehensive cover   ............. and Pilkingtons will make you one but at a silly maybe one-off price .  if you find one secondhand then that will be a great bonus .......  might pay to to buy a comparative wreck of  Ls430 just to salvage the rear screen ......  if you had some way to dispose of the remains ....

The one above at £220 looks a steal if it fits ok 

I'm thinking a one-off from the classic and other car glass window manufacturer .......... Pilkingtons could be about £4k 

Good luck

Malc

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

were they different slightly with the facelift models etc  ?

Malc

Part numbers are different but maybe they are the same size and will fit.
According to Amayama the 64810-50290 rear screen is still available at approx. £782 plus the import duty and tax etc.

image.thumb.png.5337dabcaaa15074e3d7b9b012e7fbb2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That sucks. I didn't think Bishops Stortford was known for that kind of behaviour, but then I guess it's everywhere. My better half had the wing mirror kicked off her Focus right outside our house. 🤬

The rear screen is bonded so beware anyone selling "used" ones as you will have to remove it VERY carefully to not break it.
Also chances are you will not be able to get the heated screen/FM antenna wired in with a used one.
Why are your insurance company not dealing with it? Did they write the vehicle off?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Feel for you LEXUS 212.  I experienced simmilar thing with my 1998 LS400 ..... Here in Sweden the normal glass fix people do not have anything for these rare old LS vehicles.

However I got hold of a small company that specialize in supplying car glass for rare and vintage cars and after some investigating he could source a new rear window for me. 
He mentioned that his source said it was the last one in stock that had been collecting dust for a very! long time. It cost me about 550£ and was made in CHINA. 
They do not ship them. Instead you have to agree a rendevouz meet when they go for a delivery tour. Mine was 100kilometers from where I live.  
The UK should reasoanbly have simmilar glass supply companies catering to rare and old cars. Probably more than one. Look for them!.

Worse was that the quite special chrome/rubber trim is supposed to be scrapped and a new one fitted.
It is also available at AMAYAMA but cost including shipping in a very large box will be very high. 
I have with many hours work salvaged it in usable shape with a scalpell. Will fit the glass myself probably with friends.
Probably it would be possible to skip the trim and just fill up with the black rubber stuff. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links