Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gearbox Oil

Lexiguy

Hi,

I have changed gearbox oil in my RCF at 60k miles (just drain and refill so about 25% was really changed).

The same will be done in my is250 at 60k probably next month. 
I change oil in every auto I have had at 60k/90k/120k etc 

My “lesson” was taken 15 years ago when using Audi A4 b6 3.0 with multitronic 🥴

I would not bother too much about filter itself because it will be clogged only when gearbox is nearly dead so oil/filter change will not cure it anyway.

That’s  my point of view. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 8:20 PM, ColinBarber said:

not that I'm aware of.

Chris Barber of jazz fame  ?     saw him and his jazzmen playing one lunchtime outside St.Paul's area in the City many moons back 

Malc

• Confused 1

I had a Jaguar with a lifetime fluid transmission; it packed up at 90k miles. As for the Lexus, I took mine to an independent, who said they'd inspect the oil and, depending on the condition of it, would do one or several drain and fills. The result was they said the oil looked fairly good so they just did the one drain and fill. That was at about 98k miles.

As others have said, there are mixed views on the subject. I just did it for peace of mind, and a drain and fill is the safest option. Will probably do again at 150k.

I did note that as part of the service schedule they do periodically check the transmission fluid, so perhaps ask them the condition of it next time.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links