Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Forum Doesn't seem to have a is350 section only a 250 section. Sorry if im posting in wrong section.

My issues.

Suddenly everything on the steering wheel quit working. Lights, Vol. Controls, station change, mode,  and dist. These stopped also the Trac Control, sport/ecn/snow mode, as well as the tire sensor and speed/tach indicator buttons all quit. Any ideas? 

Screenshot_20220824-064546_Facebook.thumb.jpg.531d206ab435c9bd1bd4998e02dc51a4.jpg

20220307_163617.jpg

20220716_120007.jpg

20220716_120022.jpg

This being UK forum, the IS350 was never sold here (apparently we didn't deserve it according to Lexus) , so that would explain why no IS350 section, but it is still mk2 so you in the right place. 

Now I would assume your issue is steering wheel clock spring, which would connect all the buttons on the steering wheels - so that would be the reason for "Lights, Vol. Controls, station change, mode,  and dist." not working. If you have faulty clock spring, then you should have "VSC-OFF" light, which would as well disable "Trac Control, sport/ecn/snow mode".

However, I am not sure why "tire sensor and speed/tach indicator buttons all quit". First of all, mk2 saloons were not fitted with tyre sensors, so I assume this is modification and I am not clear what you mean by speed/tach indicator button?

Considering car is highly modified it will be difficult to pin-point the issue, do you know what electrical modifications were done? Perhaps something shorting out your electrical system? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, H3XME said:

I'd try fuse? 

Which one? 😄 

I don't think there is fuse just specifically for steering controls and if it would be MPX then most of the stuff won't work. Like including sat-nav, stereo and even immobiliser. 

47 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Which one? 😄 

I don't think there is fuse just specifically for steering controls and if it would be MPX then most of the stuff won't work. Like including sat-nav, stereo and even immobiliser. 

I'd go fuse no. 12 under the steering wheel. That'd be my first thing but I don't see how anything working properly could blow it up.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 3.45.13 pm.png

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 3.45.20 pm.png

• Like 1

Alternator is on its way out buddy. Exactly the same happened to my is250 last week. New Alternator and the car is just great.

And your car looks ace by the way. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links