Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hypothetical as to which would you buy

I have another topic of conversation today.  I was chatting with a couple of friends and both have different thoughts on what they would do, so I guess this is subjective but thought I would throw it out there.

You have seen 2 RXs

Car A is 2 years old has less than a years mileage on it.

Car B is approaching 3 years old, has around 2 years mileage on it.

Car B is £1500 to £2000 cheaper than A (subject to negotiation).

You could go for A, having a car a year newer and keeping it a year longer but it will cost more and depreciate quicker between year 2 and year 3.

or you could go for B, having the same car but saving a few pounds.  Possibly slightly cheaper insurance and you could still possibly get a 4 year gap insurance on it still.

I have one friend who says its worth the extra cost but I have another that would pocket the difference and put it towards servicing and insurance.

I am just curious as to what other people would do.  Purely hypothetical but an interesting point of debate.

Both same spec, full service history, good condition. just one is a bit older than the other and a bit cheaper.

Its an age vs a few £££ in your pocket dilemma

9 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

Its an age vs a few £££ in your pocket dilemma

It's not really a dilemma since it's merely a fictional situation that you've created for some reason. 

If this theoretical situation were to play out in real life, I'd say either vehicle - because if you delay your purchase any longer, both cars will be sold before you make up your mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links