Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2nd hand prices still seem to be holding

Just checked autotrader as i was not happy with a valuation that compare the meerkat came up with.

Typed in 2010 with 80,000miles or less, lowest price was £6800 (not included cat D)

Not a far cry from Feb when i paid £7500

Insurance out of touch a little as they reckon £4400

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

Just checked autotrader as i was not happy with a valuation that compare the meerkat came up with.

Typed in 2010 with 80,000miles or less, lowest price was £6800 (not included cat D)

Not a far cry from Feb when i paid £7500

Insurance out of touch a little as they reckon £4400

Insurance is not out of touch, they are just scam, they always claim cars are worth less then they really are. But if you are in non-fault accident then you can insist car is worth more. Ideally use claims management company for that as then you have more leverage and can get fairer valuation.

I noticed that there is a little bit "hidden gem" in the market now and that is GS300, same road tax, mostly same car just slightly larger, faster and better equipped. I am not fan of the looks, but GS300 SE-L can be had for £3000. Really struggle to understand how IS250 is more expensive, perhaps because it actually looks like modern car and GS does not.

I used to have an older gs300, brilliant car with the straight six. In fact, bought another because i liked the drive so much, the sport version. Think they were around 1997/99

Was not a fan of the looks of the next one, think they rounded the back end off and didnt look as sporty but i guess still great motors.

Paid £240 for year for the insurance, cheap really.

Note as well that car value you get in insurance quote is meaningless and not worth touching, increasing or reducing it manually could increase premium, but it is there just as guestimate and not worth worrying about. Even if they say car is worth £2000, it does not means you will get £2000. They valued my RC at £26,000 even thought car was maybe worth £20,000. But again in case of accident it does not mean I would have got £26,000. What you get in case of accident depends on the valuation which is given by insurance assessor at the time and date of the accident, it may be lower or higher and it may be negotiated.

Yes I was never fond of looks of mk3, but it is more practical and faster than than IS250 and same road tax, so if one can look past the appearance it is good value. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links