Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

So today I decided to do an oil & filter change on the 250 at 48,460 miles ( 4,072 miles since last oil change) and while I was waiting for oil to completely drain I decide to have a peek inside the air box to check air filter ( all was fine, again only done 4k) but then noticed that if I removed the air box base I could easily remove and inspect the offside VVT oil filter in the side of the head. I was amazed how clean it was because I guess it has never been out from new! Goes to show that low mileage oil changes are really beneficial. Oil is cheap compared to engine problems!

picture is as it was removed, not cleaned!

9FCE338D-7502-48D0-92DB-99340A43E029.jpeg

Edited by Texas
Spelling.
  • Like 4

You are quite right Paul, and that is really clean!

It is one of the reasons why I don't object to the 6 month/6000 mile service intervals for mine, which is essentially an additional oil change.

Whenever I see a car with a 2 year or 20,000 mile service interval, I can't help but think it is just the lease companies shifting the problems to someone else since they won't own the car when the problems arise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got to add that I only removed the OS filter and because it was so clean I never attempted to go after the NS one, which actually looks a bit fiddly to say the least!

Something that may help in keeping the internals clean is the fact I have an improvised magnetic sump plug. I simply super glued a small ( less than the size of a paracetamol tablet) neo- diddly ( I know😂) magnet to the internal end of the sump plug. This I have done for all 6 cars in my household and it costs pennies.👍

some magnets at oil change time are ‘furrier’ than others, namely the Fiat 500🙄

That is for sure.

Oil is cheaper than repairing an engine.

Unfortunately Lexus service seems to have the idea that when we have bought a luxury car we must also pay luxury prices for their services. They only know how to write big invoices.

Have to live with that till warranty is long gone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links