Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Unlocking features

Does anyone know if its possible to unlock certain features on SE models? 

The Power folding mirrors for example on the SE-L models they fold/unfold when car is locked/unlocked I've heard the Carly OBD scanners allow you to unlock things like this on some cars, anyone done it with their 250? 

thanks  

My SE-L doesn't have auto fold mirrors. But it has a separate button for it. Someone on here did a modification some time ago. Relatively cheap. Worth checking it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J Henderson said:

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I believe the auto-fold mirrors are only available on a car which has memory seats.

From 2011 (or maybe late 2010) with memory seats. Not available on pre-facelift models. On facelift you don't even need Carly or any other tools, you can set it with satellite switch.

14 hours ago, eleveneleven said:

Does anyone know if its possible to unlock certain features on SE models? 

It's extremely rare for Toyota/Lexus to fit parts to cars and then just software lock them - normally even the wiring looms are different between models with options or not.

An example is auto-fold. It relies on a specific controller that is only fitted with vehicles with memory seats - as it has a memory that keeps track of the state/positions.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links