Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

Has anyone got the active stabilizer option on their RX?  Is it worth it?  Does it make the car slower due to the added weight?

11 hours ago, Sybaris said:

Has anyone got the active stabilizer option on their RX?  Is it worth it?  Does it make the car slower due to the added weight?

Seems a rare option, also you only get a sunroof not a panoramic roof if you go for this option.

I think if you want a sports car get a sports car not a luxury SUV.

• Like 2

Hi Spock66,

The car I have been offered comes with it, not too worried about sunroof vs panoramic roof, more interested if it noticeably weighs the car down more than the pan roof would.

Would make much difference weight wise.

Its a very rare option and tbh Id probably take the panoramic sunroof over the active stabilisers any day. The panoramic sunroof brightens the cabin up so much in comparison to the standard sunroof

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

The panoramic sunroof brightens the cabin up so much in comparison to the standard sunroof

Totally agree 👍. My biggest disappointment with the 450h is that there is no panoramic roof option

• Like 1

its a choice between grey seats and panoramic roof or red seats and stabilizer.

I also wonder if aside from the additional weight, if further down the road there will be more maintenance costs due to the stabilizers

49 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

I also wonder if aside from the additional weight, if further down the road there will be more maintenance costs due to the stabilizers

something else to go wrong but I imagine they are very reliable and would be covered under Relax warranty for 10 years provided you get it serviced at Lexus.

I personally don't think it is something worth going out of your way to find, but equally I wouldn't be put off either. From a weight point of view I doubt you could tell the difference, and any effect on acceleration would be more than offset by the extra speed you can carry through the corners because it doesn't roll so much.

• Like 2

Still pondering this.  Having read up and watched some youtube vids I have a better understanding of what they do.  I am not driving on canyon roads, just UK main roads, country roads and motorways.   Still if it betters the drive then maybe but its a trade off on a car that is a year older than a regular f-sport takumi.  Even with the current sunroof, I rarely open it. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links