Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Why are folk selling their is250's

19 minutes ago, H3XME said:

That’s a completely different story if one buys it through business.. now the thing is, if it wasn’t for Bik how many evs would we see on the roads then? I don’t think people get them because they necessarily really want one but it’s more so the fact that it makes sense for certain fortunate individuals. I’d be the same, why pay more for a C class diesel merc when I can have a cheaper ev. 

Yes, that’s my point. I’m a petrolhead but we couldn’t ignore the business benefits of an EV. It wouldn’t surprise me if a high percentage of EV owners have purchased an EV for this reason. The majority of people I know with an EV certainly have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F.A. said:

You are all making such assumptions here that people are solely buying EVs for their supposedly green credentials.  
I think you will find that a lot of people are fully aware that EVs are not as green as the government would like you to think and are also fully aware of the negatives, such as a drop off in range during the winter months. These people, such as myself, are buying an EV as a business decision, due to the tax benefits they present. These people are clearly using their brains. 

Your brain works in a different way than mine, a decade old V8 can get a higher range than a 60k electric vehicle, it's useful in the winter too.

Business companies like mine have incentives to lease vehicles out to employees, they are just going along with the totalitarian lies by the gov it doesn't mean they are a sound financial decision and it leaves a void for the average person who's not in a position to lease out a EV with ones company to be unable to afford that in the first place - now they can get by with what they are driving but it won't always be like this.

Wage's are at an all-time low and cost of living is at an all time high yet them snakes in the gov expect someone to spend 500 a month or whatever on a EV because they are told it's the way forward.

This is the pathway that govs are creating for the future, of you ignored everything you read you would be better off 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Your brain works in a different way than mine, a decade old V8 can get a higher range than a 60k electric vehicle, it's useful in the winter too.

Business companies like mine have incentives to lease vehicles out to employees, they are just going along with the totalitarian lies by the gov it doesn't mean they are a sound financial decision and it leaves a void for the average person who's not in a position to lease out a EV with ones company to be unable to afford that in the first place - now they can get by with what they are driving but it won't always be like this.

Wage's are at an all-time low and cost of living is at an all time high yet them snakes in the gov expect someone to spend 500 a month or whatever on a EV because they are told it's the way forward.

This is the pathway that govs are creating for the future, of you ignored everything you read you would be better off 

Yes I am fully aware that a V8 can go further on a tank of fuel than a full recharge on an EV, we have a V8 which I daily drive, but even with the current electric prices, if you have the right tariff, then the EV will still be cheaper to run then a V8, per mile. 

I am not saying that EVs are for everyone but that there are people, I.e company directors, that benefit from EVs if purchased via their business and I imagine that a lot of EVs are purchased this way. There is a bigger advantage here (that I won’t go in to) than an employee opting in to their company car scheme at work. 

• Like 1

It's great reading posts EV's are great EV's are merd etc etc. Is not the perfect balance a rear wheel drive V6 or V8 for Driving and an EV for commuting? If I had the space and money that's what I'd have. This BIK thing. It's not for normal folk but for business folk and they need all the help they can get to keep business rolling. 

46 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

It's great reading posts EV's are great EV's are merd etc etc. Is not the perfect balance a rear wheel drive V6 or V8 for Driving and an EV for commuting? If I had the space and money that's what I'd have. This BIK thing. It's not for normal folk but for business folk and they need all the help they can get to keep business rolling. 

Companies, directors and high heeled exec's are not average tax payers. Unfortunately the latter are also involved in the mess aren't they and need to manage as best they can, which will most likely see them unable to get on the road at all in the future and we are even seeing it happen now, people filling up fuel without paying. Wake up folks 

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

Yes I am fully aware that a V8 can go further on a tank of fuel than a full recharge on an EV, we have a V8 which I daily drive, but even with the current electric prices, if you have the right tariff, then the EV will still be cheaper to run then a V8, per mile. 

I am not saying that EVs are for everyone but that there are people, I.e company directors, that benefit from EVs if purchased via their business and I imagine that a lot of EVs are purchased this way. There is a bigger advantage here (that I won’t go in to) than an employee opting in to their company car scheme at work. 

I can opt in to a EV at work, I get a sizable discount but as already said I would need a hole in my head to spend over 300 a month on a Peugeot e 208, that's pretty cheap apparently. Swapping that thing for a Subaru, no chance whatsoever. Over 2 years that is around £8k down the pan. What benefit is that for me? £8k would get a pretty decent petrol car that would outperform that Peugeot and after two years it's mine to keep 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

I can opt in to a EV at work, I get a sizable discount but as already said I would need a hole in my head to spend over 300 a month on a Peugeot e 208, that's pretty cheap apparently. Swapping that thing for a Subaru, no chance whatsoever. Over 2 years that is around £8k down the pan. What benefit is that for me? £8k would get a pretty decent petrol car that would outperform that Peugeot and after two years it's mine to keep 

Yes clearly it’s not for you,  but there are people in this country that don’t have a Subaru and who have access to a company car scheme that’s of benefit for them. I’m sure these people exist otherwise company car schemes wouldn’t be around. Then the equivalent BEV is more enticing than an ICE car from a BIK point of view. 

Sorry to interrupt the flow, I thought I'd just slip in a post relating to the thread title. 😄

Sadly my beautifully kept and well maintained low mileage IS250 SE-L will soon join the 'For Sale' list. 😔

I've recently started a thread on the RX400h forum as that is the direction in which I'm now heading car wise.

Why? In simple terms I'm not a short guy, have had some recent back issues and am finding the situation of the B pillar increasingly difficult to navigate around as my preferred seat position is perhaps further back than most. 🙄

I left my X type for Lexus just over two years ago, transferring from diesel to petrol (thanks ULEZ!), have done around 6300 miles in it and it's still only on 36,000. It's been fabulous in all respects, absolutely no regrets but my body is telling me it's time for a change. 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Sorry to interrupt the flow, I thought I'd just slip in a post relating to the thread title. 😄

Sadly my beautifully kept and well maintained low mileage IS250 SE-L will soon join the 'For Sale' list. 😔

I've recently started a thread on the RX400h forum as that is the direction in which I'm now heading car wise.

Why? In simple terms I'm not a short guy, have had some recent back issues and am finding the situation of the B pillar increasingly difficult to navigate around as my preferred seat position is perhaps further back than most. 🙄

I left my X type for Lexus just over two years ago, transferring from diesel to petrol (thanks ULEZ!), have done around 6300 miles in it and it's still only on 36,000. It's been fabulous in all respects, absolutely no regrets but my body is telling me it's time for a change. 🤷‍♂️

I can get on board with the tall guy problem in an IS250, hence why I put IS300h manual seats in as they go much lower so you don’t have to compensate by going too far back and have much better back support. The only downfall is that without messing with the connectors you’ll lose heat. 

You know what Rowley it won't be as bad a departure from your superb is250 to the equally superb RX400h. I had the 450h and yes I miss it. Getting in and out oh so easy and comfortably. Fuel consumption about on par with each other. You'll still have the lovely sound of the V6. I hope you find a good example and try for the SE-L as that'll have ML and backup camera. Footprint wise both cars cover roughly the same floor area with the RX just a tad longer. 

8 hours ago, F.A. said:

Yes clearly it’s not for you,  but there are people in this country that don’t have a Subaru and who have access to a company car scheme that’s of benefit for them. I’m sure these people exist otherwise company car schemes wouldn’t be around. Then the equivalent BEV is more enticing than an ICE car from a BIK point of view. 

My choice of car is irrelevant but superior to the EV junk available.

To tell you how good the Subaru is in snow have a look at this - this is snow in inches.

I got an email just now from Vauxhall so had a peep at the top of the line corsa

range - 217 miles (my guess is that is travelling at 40mph)

Top speed 93mph

Cost £33,735

scam scam scam

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toffee_pie said:

To tell you how good the Subaru is in snow have a look at this

I got an email just now from Vauhhall so had a peep at the top of the line corsa

range - 134 miles (my guess is that is travelling at 40mph)

Top speed 93mph

Cost £33,735

scam scam scam

Oh my god, god help people who get anything but a spec B legacy. How dare they.. 

4 minutes ago, H3XME said:

Oh my god, god help people who get anything but a spec B legacy. How dare they.. 

Nothing wrong with a Spec B but you seem to have some issues with it clearly

The point I am making is EVs are a joke, £33k for a boggo Corsa with performance like that, Insanity is the word

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

To tell you how good the Subaru is in snow have a look at this - this is snow in inches.

I got an email just now from Vauhhall so had a peep at the top of the line corsa

Top speed 93mph

Cost £33,735

scam scam scam

Again a huge generalisation. 
Its great that your Subaru is the best car for you. However its not the best car for everyone, or everyone would be driving a Subaru. We get barely any snow in most parts of England, so for me a Subaru, as great as it is in the snow,  would be very low on my list. I prefer a big rare V8 with a luxurious interior. That’s what I have in the GSF. I don’t particular care that it does low MPG and that there are faster cars out there which are better in different environments . For me it is the perfect car. For my wife who mainly drives around town, ferrying around our kids, a luxurious EV is the perfect car for us. I understand it’s not for everyone and I sure as hell won’t make a generalised statement implying a whole motoring sector is rubbish and a scam because it doesn’t suit my circumstances. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

every 4x4 on snowtyres will do thesame nothing to do with subaru

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toffee_pie said:

Nothing wrong with a Spec B but you seem to have some issues with it clearly

The point I am making is EVs are a joke, £33k for a boggo Corsa with performance like that, Insanity is the word

I had Subarus before, they’re good, but I am starting to have an issue with it because of you. You keep going on about how amazing your subaru is.. you’re on the wrong forum. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, F.A. said:

but there are people in this country that don’t have a Subaru and who have access to a company car scheme that’s of benefit for them.

The minority of the population you will find, most will be left to suck up £30k+ for a Corsa or such out of their own pocket and this is just a low end EV.

8 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

every 4x4 on snowtyres will do thesame nothing to do with subaru

It depends on the AWD system used as they are not all the same the best are Subaru and Audi - the ones with proper AWD setup - I could put up more videos but would just hack off H3XME but essentially look on YT for AWD tests on rollers, where different cars are put under a series of tests that will explain it more than I ever would and now factor that situation in snow. I got around with summer tyres during the beast from the east.

The point I am making is how uselss EVs are in comparison, they brag about 0g/km so you are essentially paying all this money to be 'compliant' to net zero

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Range is quoted at 225 miles wltp. Thats about what i drive in a week so charging once a week will do the job just fine.

10 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Again a huge generalisation. 
Its great that your Subaru is the best car for you. However its not the best car for everyone, or everyone would be driving a Subaru. We get barely any snow in most parts of England, so for me a Subaru, as great as it is in the snow,  would be very low on my list. I prefer a big rare V8 with a luxurious interior. That’s what I have in the GSF. I don’t particular care that it does low MPG and that there are faster cars out there which are better in different environments . For me it is the perfect car. For my wife who mainly drives around town, ferrying around our kids, a luxurious EV is the perfect car for us. I understand it’s not for everyone and I sure as hell won’t make a generalised statement implying a whole motoring sector is rubbish and a scam because it doesn’t suit my circumstances. 

I think they are a scam, end of story - was I still driving my IS250 I would be of exactly the same opinion and I would have a IS250 over any EV that costs £30-40k, they can be got for a fraction of that

Nobody can afford EVs- they are part of the dity deeds going on with the G20 I suggest you have a look at the Summit meeting from last month - its all in black and white, you just need to translate alll the suger coated cryptic words now and again

4 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

It depends on the AWD system used as they are not all the same the best are Subaru and Audi - the ones with proper AWD setup - I could put up more videos but would just hack off H3XME but essentially look on YT for AWD tests on rollers, where different cars are put under a series of tests that will explain it more than I ever would and now factor that situation in snow. I got around with summer tyres during the beast from the east.

The point I am making is how uselss EVs are in comparison, they brag about 0g/km so you are essentially paying all this money to be 'compliant' to net zero

You are making that point by uploading a clip of a subaru driving in the snow and telling how fantastic that car behaves? Where is the correlation to Electric vehicles?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Range is quoted at 225 miles wltp. Thats about what i drive in a week so charging once a week will do the job just fine.

On paper, but it doesnt work like that in the real world - in reality you will be charging it up each other day and constantly looking at the range - if you think it represents value for money you neeed your head examined - in a big way

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, dutchie01 said:

You are making that point by uploading a clip of a subaru driving in the snow and telling how fantastic that car behaves? Where is the correlation to Electric vehicles?

EVs will all be stranded in the cold weather, with a 2 tonne weight they wont get far in that situation in the clip. Batteries degrade in cold snaps also, no fast charging. I dont think the gov worry too much

3 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

On paper, but it doesnt work like that in the real world - in reality you will be charging it up each other day and constantly looking at the range - if you think it represents value for money you neeed your head examined - in a big way

Hmmm, thought i was only reacting to your incorrect statement of range? Who said aything about value for money?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links