Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lowering An RCF?

Hi, although I’ve had the RCF for a relatively short period of time, I’ve already got a list of a few things I’m tackling to improve my ownership experience.  One of these is ride height and more specifically wheel arch gap, particularly at the front.  I’m currently looking at options to lower the car and can see that many use Swift springs in the US to achieve this?  A see a few on here have also done it, what’s your recommendations?  I don’t particularly want to change the ride much and am not after any performance so they aren’t a priority.

I’m also looking to install wheel spacers, exhaust, window tints and de-chrome so may update a separate thread but just wanted to get thoughts before pulling the trigger on springs.

Not sure if your car has AVS but I've looked into getting lower springs and as you mention Swift seem to be what most people in the USA use. Let's face it they have so many of them over there so it must be the best source of info. I have asked the question on the USA forum and most people with AVS cars have used Swift springs with no problem.

I’m also thinking about doing the same. 
I see Driftworks in this country are a seller of Swift springs for other Lexus models. Nothing listed for the RCF but it does say to contact them if you can’t find what you are looking for. 
They also sell wheel spacers too. 

I have heard about RSR springs being pretty decent too, just to throw another name into the ring, hadn't needed to consider the AVS aspect for mine, but as mentioned above, the US forums tend to be the place to do some digging 🙂

1 hour ago, ben_harmer32 said:

I'm running swift springs. Ride feels pretty much OEM but with a nice drop. 

Bought mine from Tegiwa, good price and came quick.

How has rear tyre wear been relative to the stock ride height?  Any noticeable changes to inside wear or increased camber?  I like the look of the swift springs as they seem to be the only ones specifically designed to be matched to standard shocks.  I've still got a good few years of warranty to be had from Lexus so don't want to be needlessly damaging shocks then struggling to claim due to the springs.  I have AVS too so cant imagine it would be cheap to buy a pair if they were to fail!

Cant have my cake and eat it I suppose, soon as the car gets any mods its going to give Lexus an 'out'.

I’ve ended up buying the Swift springs so will try to get a review of them done once they arrive and I go to fit them.

’He who dares,wins Rodney’ as they say!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I’ve ended up buying the Swift springs so will try to get a review of them done once they arrive and I go to fit them.

Brave man, I'll follow your work with interest as I've been humming and dithering forever over this as I think the RCF sits just a tad too high. I have a chap who used to prepare my RX7 who is a top man with car mechanics so should be capable of following someone else who's done it.

Because I went for wider wheels with a deep dish my tyres are very close to the wheel arches so I have to be careful as I don't want to have to extend the wheels arches

IMG_0367 2.jpeg

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

Because I went for wider wheels with a deep dish my tyres are very close to the wheel arches so I have to be careful as I don't want to have to extend the wheels arches

IMG_0367 2.jpeg

Interesting you mention this, my Eibach spacers arrived today so will be fitting them over the next few days.    I’ve went +15mm rear and +20mm front so will have flush wheels when I fit the springs!  Looks like it’s certainly doable with Swift Springs but guess time will tell.

What offset are you running?

23 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Interesting you mention this, my Eibach spacers arrived today so will be fitting them over the next few days.    I’ve went +15mm rear and +20mm front so will have flush wheels when I fit the springs!  Looks like it’s certainly doable with Swift Springs but guess time will tell.

What offset are you running?

According to the invoice they are front 20x9.5 ET+10to ET+40  and rear 20x10.5 ET+5 to ET+45

6 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Where did you buy them from mate? And were they in stock if they were from this country? 

22 minutes ago, L55 RCF said:

Where did you buy them from mate? And were they in stock if they were from this country? 

Got them from https://www.tegiwaimports.com/swift-sport-spec-r-lowering-springs-suspension-leuxs-rc-f-usc10-15.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2MWVBhCQARIsAIjbwoN84yqHgBG3snmixrnhRil0N3Fy7j3M5WejR-B1pErclMVfOHJkfuQaAmPoEALw_wcB

Don't think they are in stock so not a clue when I will get them.  Probably a few weeks I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

According to the invoice they are front 20x9.5 ET+10to ET+40  and rear 20x10.5 ET+5 to ET+45

Had a bit of a dig online at https://www.wheel-size.com/size/lexus/rc-f/2018/  and it seems that standard offsets for 19" RCF wheels are as below.

9Jx19 ET50
10Jx19 ET41

Adding spacers reduces offset so looks like I'm going to end up something around the below.  Looking on the US forums this brings the wheel almost flush and allows for lowering on springs without rubbing.

9Jx19 ET30
10Jx19 ET26

I think the offset is the critical number when considering the position of the wheel relative to the hub and wheelarch, though the width of the rim will also play a part when it comes to rubbing etc.

10 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Had a bit of a dig online at https://www.wheel-size.com/size/lexus/rc-f/2018/  and it seems that standard offsets for 19" RCF wheels are as below.

9Jx19 ET50
10Jx19 ET41

Adding spacers reduces offset so looks like I'm going to end up something around the below.  Looking on the US forums this brings the wheel almost flush and allows for lowering on springs without rubbing.

9Jx19 ET30
10Jx19 ET26

I think the offset is the critical number when considering the position of the wheel relative to the hub and wheelarch, though the width of the rim will also play a part when it comes to rubbing etc.

Have you joined the USA forum? there is a mine of information there and some very helpful people. Club Lexus is the site

23 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Have you joined the USA forum? there is a mine of information there and some very helpful people. Club Lexus is the site

Yea I’m on there, though just tend to lurk and use it as a library rather than contribute.  As with all forums, there is a lot of conflicting info however so just use it to inform my decisions.  

51 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Yea I’m on there, though just tend to lurk and use it as a library rather than contribute.  As with all forums, there is a lot of conflicting info however so just use it to inform my decisions.  

I agree.

20 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Mine came in about a week from them. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links