Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just bought a LC 500 sport plus need advice

Winston

Hi I have just bought a 69 plate LC 500 sport plus (my first Lexus)

it’s not being delivered till next week, is there anything I should know about driving / running it.

or anything thing to be aware of, and should I need to do anything to protect some of the body work

Etc.

any advice would be welcome as I am a newbe to the forum and Lexus

Thank you

Winston

Take it to a detailer and get a ceramic coating put on to protect the paint.

The front bumper and bonnet likely will need PPF to protect it from stone chips too.

• Like 1

Thank you Ratana for replying 

do you think the ceramic coat would be better than putting the film coating on the bumper and bonnet, I don’t particularly want to spend fortunes but want best long term solution 

Winston

I can highly recommend PPF. My bumper, bonnet, front wings, A pillars, mirrors and headlamps are covered. Needless to say there is not a visible mark on any of those surfaces and the film itself is self-healing.

One other area that would also be worth covering is the rear of the side skirts, which, like so many cars, will be prone to stone/chip damage.

Icing on the cake would of course be a ceramic coating, but PPF probably offers the best physical protection in the long run. Btw, the chances are before the PPF is applied the paint will be thoroughly cleaned/machine polished.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Winston said:

Thank you Ratana for replying 

do you think the ceramic coat would be better than putting the film coating on the bumper and bonnet, I don’t particularly want to spend fortunes but want best long term solution 

Winston

You need both really. 

So the PPF will go on the front and the ceramic coat on top. Otherwise the water behaviour will be different front to back

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links