Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just filled the car with Super unleaded (1.65 a litre) - as E10 seems to give poor economy. Can't continue with fuel prices so high, and I have an LPG kit removed from my previous Volvo, that I took out 12 months ago. Anyone with any experience fitting them -  Is there a service mode to make the ICE run all the time ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Russell Wheeler said:

Just filled the car with Super unleaded (1.65 a litre) - as E10 seems to give poor economy. Can't continue with fuel prices so high, and I have an LPG kit removed from my previous Volvo, that I took out 12 months ago. Anyone with any experience fitting them -  Is there a service mode to make the ICE run all the time ?

You won't get the ICE to run all the time but probably still worth doing the conversion given the price of petrol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Surely you would want to remain as a Hybrid as that would improve running costs even more.

It will, the LPG only comes on when the petrol injectors are fired. I just wanted the engine to run when I wanted, to setup the LPG. I think if I deplete the Battery and then set the internal temperature to very hot, it will just about give time to calibrate the lpg. Looks like you can on a prius http://carspecmn.com/putting-your-toyota-prius-into-maintenance-mode-getting-the-engine-to-stay-running/

I looked into an lpg conversion on a previous car well over 10 years ago.  I was very happy with the idea in principle (still am), but the economics don't work out for me in the long run.  I've just checked availability of lpg fuel near me on https://www.autogas.app/ and the nearest place to buy it is 15 miles away.  Over 10 years ago, there were several places nearer to me than that.

So on convenience, it is also not practical in my area, and with the closure of some lpg outlets, I wonder if this is indicative of a declining market?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links