Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Heater vents

Russ59

How do I change the heater setting to windscreen only? It shows windscreen and feet so to me I’m not getting all the air flow to the windscreen when steaming up, which seems to happen rapidly when it’s raining.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

6A72BB6C-C7AA-47E4-B331-008C75AD2DFB.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Use of A/C should stop that happening.

Exactly why I asked...

Make sure the a/c is running and dehumidified air will help reduce fogging

As for setting 100% air to the front screen, there would normally be a separate button to enable this function and used in conjunction with a/c will quickly clear the front screen 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

As for setting 100% air to the front screen, there would normally be a separate button to enable this function and used in conjunction with a/c will quickly clear the front screen 

I have this function, does the SC430?

Yeah I have been using the A/C button and the windscreen demist button but once demisted, if I switch them both off it mists up again. So you’re saying I need to keep those switched on in rainy conditions?

I’ve never had that happen with a car before, once demisted the screen has stayed clear with just the fan speed and heat settings, also every car I’ve had has had a setting just for the screen.

The manual shows a setting for just the windscreen but doesn’t appear on the dash panel 🤔🤔

A0C01153-5C16-4E88-871A-9545D61B572B.jpeg

22D1C67F-9AEE-4A2F-92EF-64191B7C9280.jpeg

According to the handbook I linked to in my post above it does have the demist button, left side of the climate panel?

Every car I driven has this to demist the screen and every car I have driven with climate control I set everything to automatic with the a/c on, never switch it off. I usually press the screen demist on the frosty mornings to clear the screen then switch it off and return to full auto mode. Never get windows misting up.

Make sure the inside of the windows is perfectly clean as dust and muck helps the moisture to form on the surface. Also when was the cabin air filter last changed? Old and clogged filter will often also be damp and this can cause misting of the windows if not routinely changed

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Russ59 said:

Yeah I have been using the A/C button and the windscreen demist button but once demisted, if I switch them both off it mists up again. So you’re saying I need to keep those switched on in rainy conditions?I’

Generally it is better to keep the A/C turned on all the time.

• Like 3

As already said, just to confirm it. Here is the front screen demist button.

I always leave it on 'auto' unless the screen mists up after the car has been sat after a trip in the cold and wet on a day like today. The screen usually clears very quickly and then I go back to 'auto' with the AC almost always on.

61028.thumb.jpg.ddb8aa7dc9cf735900b78a24834d642d.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/14/2022 at 7:11 PM, NemesisUK said:

Also when was the cabin air filter last changed? Old and clogged filter will often also be damp and this can cause misting of the windows if not routinely changed

Hi Nemesis

Where is the cabin air filter located? On which routine services is it changed?

Thanks Ant 

Clogged Pollen Filter?

( Just saw the above - sorry. Certainly worth checking though and that vents are clear. )

Edited by PCM
My mistake.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links