Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Location of Charge Connectors on EVs

malcolmw

Is there a standard location for charge connectors on EVs or is it like petrol vehicles where the fuel filler is on the left or right depending on the side of the road driven on in the country of origin of the vehicle. I am asking to inform myself as to the best location for an EV charger in my drive/garage.

Could be any place (Tesla has it on the left, BMW on the right), some even have it at the front (Nissan) or the rear (mostly PHEVs), or the boot. I would probably fit it at the rear-middle of the garage, so if you reverse the car in, then it could reach both sides and the rear of the car. Unless of course charging port is on the front of the car - then you will have to drive front forward to the garage which isn't ideal. 

https://insideevs.com/news/328027/take-our-poll-whats-the-perfect-charge-port-location/

3 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Is there a standard location for charge connectors on EVs or is it like petrol vehicles where the fuel filler is on the left or right depending on the side of the road driven on in the country of origin of the vehicle. I am asking to inform myself as to the best location for an EV charger in my drive/garage.

Best just to get one with a longer lead than you think, or if it is your garage then an untethered one so you can easily use a longer lead if needed.

• Like 1

My power went off twice last night, only for a second but knocked all the clocks out and sent my my Airbus A320 from final approach into Perth to a complete loss of aircraft 😀

Perhaps just a coincidence my neighbour was considering buying an EV, if I have to shout out “Clear Prop!” on an aircraft engine start he should shout out “Plugging in”

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links